+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STATUS UPDATED -HELP !- JAN 2021 INTAKE -APPLIED FROM INDIA ON SEPT 23rd

PhoeboPotter

Nov 1, 2020
Applied on Sept 23rd
Received Biometrics Request Letter on 24th Sept
Upfront Medicals uploaded
No Update since then
But when i logged in today i saw the status is changed from 'YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED' TO 'SUBMITTED'
But the Review of Eligibility is not yet started , it's showing We'll notify you once we start reviewing your eligibilty
No medicals needed
Will this Status Update affect my application?

Tom Hardy

Oct 27, 2020
Applied on Sept 23rd
No Update since then
But when i logged in today i saw the status is changed from 'YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED' TO 'SUBMITTED'
But the Review of Eligibility is not yet started , it's showing We'll notify you once we start reviewing your eligibilty
No medicals needed
After giving biometric the status changes to submitted and it's positive. My application is same like yours applied on 15th October and biometric on 19th October then status changed from action required to submitted on 5th November but afterwards no update (applied from Pakistan)

PhoeboPotter

Nov 1, 2020
After giving biometric the status changes to submitted and it's positive. My application is same like yours applied on 15th October and biometric on 19th October then status changed from action required to submitted on 5th November but afterwards no update (applied from Pakistan)
I Didn't Give Biometrics yet cause VAC's are closed in India as of now !
Thanks for replying though :)

Reactions: Tom Hardy

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
Applied on Sept 23rd
No Update since then
No medicals needed
It's one of their auto updates which means nothing so you can ignore it.

When there's a change on your application (some update visible in your account or something updated on IRCCs back end not visible to you) the status will change to "Application/ profile updated" - You might want to keep an eye out for that.

Tom Hardy

Oct 27, 2020
It's one of their auto updates which means nothing so you can ignore it.

When there's a change on your application (some update visible in your account or something updated on IRCCs back end not visible to you) the status will change to "Application/ profile updated" - You might want to keep an eye out for that.
That (Application/Profile updated) happened with me i guess from 4-6 times but after few mins it's gone and no such change in my application. Most of the applicants said it could be a glitch and some said maybe some one have checked your profile. Till now i really don't know

Last edited:

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I've applied on Sept.2 for Winter and got biometric on Sep.4 and gave biometric on Sep.16. on Sep.18 got biometric update and my eligibility began. then on October 8 i got another update and my eligibility updated back to it's original status ( " We let you know when we start reviewing your eligibility " ) and since then nothing. My university is on second DLI list update (Dalhousie) and I am impatiently waiting. so don't worry much. seems like these updates and status changes and ghost updates are typical and there's still time.

Tom Hardy

Oct 27, 2020
I've applied on Sept.2 for Winter and got biometric on Sep.4 and gave biometric on Sep.16. on Sep.18 got biometric update and my eligibility began. then on October 8 i got another update and my eligibility updated back to it's original status ( " We let you know when we start reviewing your eligibility " ) and since then nothing. My university is on second DLI list update (Dalhousie) and I am impatiently waiting. so don't worry much. seems like these updates and status changes and ghost updates are typical and there's still time.
Definitely hoping for good news brother but the issue which comes into my mind is that Christmas holidays are near and we must hear from the visa officer before that. My eligibility status hasn't changed yet. No idea they will give the decision directly or status will change number by number

Reactions: PhoeboPotter

Tom Hardy

Oct 27, 2020
I've seen a lot of people that their eligibility never updated from day one and yet they got their Passport Request after 70-80 days . So, based on the updates, never worry yourself.
Nice to hear that. Do you think ircc will give priority to approved DLI applicants and is it possible to get reply before the end of December for those who have applied in September and October for winterintake?

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Applied on Sept 23rd
No Update since then
No medicals needed
Same thing happened with me however exactly after a month of date of application. My biometrics are pending but the status of my application is submitted.

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
Applied on Sept 23rd
No Update since then
No medicals needed
When you don't give your biometrics under 30 days this status changes automatically to submitted. So "nothing extraordinary".

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
they absolutely give priority to DLI list. i know this for sure because my eligibility status updated to " We are reviewing your eligibility " and then when the DLI list came out as a new rule, they changed back my update because my Uni was not in the first list. they knew beforehand. We will for sure get reply before that. there's a processing time estimation on their site. have you checked > it's not that precise but gives you the idea of when you can expect a decision.

Tom Hardy

Oct 27, 2020
they absolutely give priority to DLI list. i know this for sure because my eligibility status updated to " We are reviewing your eligibility " and then when the DLI list came out as a new rule, they changed back my update because my Uni was not in the first list. they knew beforehand. We will for sure get reply before that. there's a processing time estimation on their site. have you checked > it's not that precise but gives you the idea of when you can expect a decision.
Yes brother i have checked but it's too long and i guess the timeline is for non sds applicants. They said they are going to process normally after fall but still they are not fast enough. Hoping good for everyone