+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status update after submitting additional documents. IP1 or IP2

PrayforPR0211

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I think the agent who answered my call understands the difference between these two kinds of security check. She said so far there is no red flag on my file and there is no note saying I will go through that super long comprehensive screening. However, based on my observation on this forum, security check takes quite some time for most people, and those who got it done within a day or several hours are really exceptions. There is another thread where it said the average security check length is 62 days.
What I am now curious about is how much possibility of rejection there still is as we have passed all but security check. Do you have any idea on this?
People said if you passed eligibility, it means you are almost there. However, I knew someone who passed eligibility &criminality, but when his file was sent for final review, the senior officer has doubt on his financial issue. Soon after he got a PFL letter and the eligibility has become “review required” instead of passed.
But this circumstance is rare, as long as your eligibility status keeps the same, hen you should be fine.
The only mystery is the security check, nobody knows how long it will be taking, some people stuck there forever. I know a CEC inland applicant took 2.5 years to get her PR. In this point, you won’t get rejected but have to wait forever.

Reactions: baltzly

PrayforPR0211

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
So we are in the same boat now. I have seen people getting PPR 2 weeks after they upload requested documents. As to financial issues, I am an FSW inland, and my PoF is an official letter issued by Scotiabank, and I have way more fund in my account than the amount of money required for a single-person family, so I don't see any reason this may be an issue for me. I think if the final result is good, it is kind of worth the wait, but I have to admit that I check my email every 30 min to see if there is any update or the golden email and I'm being driven crazy by this.
Maybe try to order notes, sometimes agent won’t tell you everything. If it’s not the security screening, it’s just because of the vo office. Sydney is well know for its slow processing speed. If you are under ss, then there is nothing you can do but wait as it’s beyond CIC’s control.

PrayforPR0211

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I will do that next month. I have heard that ordering notes too early means there is not much in them. Hope we will go through this security check thing quickly!
Hi, any updates now? I’m considering order notes next week as I already crossed 5 months time frame.
Please be advised that there is no guarantee to get your ppr within 6 months. When you passed your 6 months frame, the system will show: your application processing time is longer than usual... something like that.
If you would like to know what status you are in, you should probably order the notes ASAP.

PrayforPR0211

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hey bud
There has been zero update in my account and the review of additional document remains "not applicable" after I uploaded the requested document. I plan to order notes next month as I am still in a relatively early stage of my application. I guess you haven't got any update either right? very frustrating.
Yep... silent as the Dead Sea...
What’s your AOR date by the way?

PrayforPR0211

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hey bud
I have just ordered notes today, and I will likely receive them by the end of Oct. How is your situation now?
Hi bro,

I will definitely order the notes. My patience is running out. I wanna know whether my application is under security screening.
I don’t worry yours, as only 1 month passed for your application. Hope you get ppr soon!

PrayforPR0211

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hey bro
I think you should order just now as there is no need to wait any longer. The reason I worry is that the security check can be as long as 1 year, so it is likely to cause severe delay in issuing PPR despite earlier progress made on R10, medical, criminality and eligibility. For example, if you pass all other stages in 1 month, then security takes 10 month, the total time is still way longer than usual, and this is what makes me worry. I also hope you will receive PPR even before you notes arrive into your inbox:)
I see. Thanks and I’ll order it tomorrow. Did you order all types of notes?
Also, I found a tricky thing. If CIC requested ADR, after submition, if your status changes to “we are reviewing your .....” or “ not applicable”. It is just simply a clarification request. If it.changes to “uploaded”, you will be sent for comprehensive security screening” most likely. Nothing we can do now, only keep finger crossed.

PrayforPR0211

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Yeah Please do it tomorrow:)
I have only ordered GCMS notes, and I will decide on whether or not to order other types of notes after I receive and review GCMS notes.
The tricky thing you have mentioned is actually seen in a few other threads on this forum. I hope that is the case since mt status changed to not applicable directly.
Also, when we receive our notes next month, could we help each other read them? I'm not sure if I can understand them despite having gone through some relevant threads on this forum. It is likely we will receive them around the same time as we are ordering almost at the same time.
Hi buddy, I just ordered notes. What notes you ordered by the way? I ordered all kinds of notes( IRCC, CBSA &CSIS), just wanna confirm whether my file is under security screening. Yes, we could analyze each other’s notes when we get it. But I heared the notes also got delayed recently. Well, only 20+days to full the 6 months time frame. Let’s see if there any movement by the end of September.

SG2525

Aug 4, 2019
Hey guys, any response would be appreciated. I'm AOR May.

On October 24 I got a ghost update, and it was for request of additional documents. I submitted on October 28 and on October 30 the status was we are reviewing the additional documents you provided, and it's still the same for the past 12 days or so. Also on October 24 along with the GU and ADR, I noticed that my BG status had changed to 'we are processing your background check' so I'm guessing that's IP2. The 6 month timeline is now finished.

Any idea what I'm looking at here? Is it normal? Should I do anything? (Positive responses would be appreciated lol)

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hey guys, any response would be appreciated. I'm AOR May.

On October 24 I got a ghost update, and it was for request of additional documents. I submitted on October 28 and on October 30 the status was we are reviewing the additional documents you provided, and it's still the same for the past 12 days or so. Also on October 24 along with the GU and ADR, I noticed that my BG status had changed to 'we are processing your background check' so I'm guessing that's IP2. The 6 month timeline is now finished.

Any idea what I'm looking at here? Is it normal? Should I do anything? (Positive responses would be appreciated lol)
Yes quite normal. You may not hear any further until ppr. The status on ADR may not even change after ppr. Nothing that you can do other than wait

SG2525

Aug 4, 2019
Yes quite normal. You may not hear any further until ppr. The status on ADR may not even change after ppr. Nothing that you can do other than wait
Thanks for your reply. It's just that GCMS notes are also delayed for 3 months, and in 5 days my progress bar will disappear because the 6 months will finish so I will have no way to follow up with anything. I'm just hoping the ADR was reviewed and the fact that they didn't get back to me in 2 weeks is actually a positive sign, otherwise I don't mind waiting. Do you recommend using the webform at all? My VO is London.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Thanks for your reply. It's just that GCMS notes are also delayed for 3 months, and in 5 days my progress bar will disappear because the 6 months will finish so I will have no way to follow up with anything. I'm just hoping the ADR was reviewed and the fact that they didn't get back to me in 2 weeks is actually a positive sign, otherwise I don't mind waiting. Do you recommend using the webform at all? My VO is London.
Just based on ADR status not updating I would not worry at all. Lots of people don't see that change even after coming in Canada :)
Based on other delays you might consider.

GeoV

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hi Guys
Wonder if this forum sitll followed, or I wish all that here now with PPR
I had ADR of PCC and Sech A on 30 OCT and same time the BG changed to IP1 since then and docs showing we are reviewing -(loaded 11 NOV)
I got ghost update on 24 Jan 2020, agent said dont know why that triggered?
any ideas?
File status ( Eligibility and medical pass) and different signals on BG ( web form says in process , phone says not started )
any suggestions why so long in Ip1 and what does the GU might means>

Appericate and thanks for the answer

ireosime2002

Nov 21, 2019
I see. Thanks and I’ll order it tomorrow. Did you order all types of notes?
Also, I found a tricky thing. If CIC requested ADR, after submition, if your status changes to “we are reviewing your .....” or “ not applicable”. It is just simply a clarification request. If it.changes to “uploaded”, you will be sent for comprehensive security screening” most likely. Nothing we can do now, only keep finger crossed.
Huh, what do you mean by that. That those that have uploaded on their adr status, would be sent for comprehensive security screening. I don't belive that

As09

Dec 5, 2020
Hii i have same problem

we applied pr under express entry(canadian experience class) on March 2020 we got additional documents request on 28 Aug 2020 for current status in canada and background history cic gave 90 days to submit and we already submitted on 31 aug 2020 but still our cic account shows we need your addition documents.anyone have idea why status no change. Still waiting for approval.
Date of submission 6th March
Additional Documents request 28th August
Submitted Additional documents 31 August
biometric done on 1st October
Anyone have idea please reply

sunny_1994

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hii i have same problem

we applied pr under express entry(canadian experience class) on March 2020 we got additional documents request on 28 Aug 2020 for current status in canada and background history cic gave 90 days to submit and we already submitted on 31 aug 2020 but still our cic account shows we need your addition documents.anyone have idea why status no change. Still waiting for approval.
Date of submission 6th March
Additional Documents request 28th August
Submitted Additional documents 31 August
biometric done on 1st October
Anyone have idea please reply
Check that have u uploaded everything they asked and after u uploaded did you saved the changes and entered ur electronic signature?