+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status restore and applying for PGWP

mrgandhi

Jun 13, 2019
Hello everyone,
I finished my studies on Sep 20th 2021
study visa expired on 30th sep 2021
filled for status restore and pgwp paid $455 total.

I have read that people need to pay restore of study permit and pay extra $150,
but i cannot do that as my studies are done!

Its been more than 3 months now any update.
Anyone has any update and know what to do please reply.
Thank you in advance.

Sb2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance.
350 ( restoration) + 255 ( PGWP) = 605 $ , this is what you are supposed to pay when you are applying for pgwp and restoration. Call IRCC, see what you can do now. They may have a solution for you.

Reactions: mrgandhi

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance.
Your restoration to visitor before applying pgwp, and back to SP

mrgandhi

Jun 13, 2019
Your restoration to visitor before applying pgwp, and back to SP
The immigration lawyer has already applied for restoration of status and also filled for my post graduate work permit application, its been 4 month now and no reply. I wanted to know that i am still working 20 hours on my sin. I know i am not suppose to work, but i cant do cash jobs. How severe the possibilty of getting caught is or should i write to the ircc to expedite the process?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
The immigration lawyer has already applied for restoration of status and also filled for my post graduate work permit application, its been 4 month now and no reply. I wanted to know that i am still working 20 hours on my sin. I know i am not suppose to work, but i cant do cash jobs. How severe the possibilty of getting caught is or should i write to the ircc to expedite the process?
Work while being out of status has serious repercussion including removal from Canada. I dont want to sound too harsh but you are not supposed to work the moment you ran out of status. The fact that your lawyer applied for restoration and filled for pgwp doesn't grant you implied status. I can not speculate possibility of being caught but I can be certain of the rough road when you are caught

mrgandhi

Jun 13, 2019
Work while being out of status has serious repercussion including removal from Canada. I dont want to sound too harsh but you are not supposed to work the moment you ran out of status. The fact that your lawyer applied for restoration and filled for pgwp doesn't grant you implied status. I can not speculate possibility of being caught but I can be certain of the rough road when you are caught
I cant tell you how much i appreciate you being honest. As a matter of fact i have all the saved all the conversation between me and my lawyer where in they state that i can work full time even though i did not. I have stopped working two days ago only completely however i am nervous though about the past 3 month i ended up working.

mrgandhi

Jun 13, 2019
350 ( restoration) + 255 ( PGWP) = 605 $ , this is what you are supposed to pay when you are applying for pgwp and restoration. Call IRCC, see what you can do now. They may have a solution for you.
I will be calling them first thing in the morning, thank you so much.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I cant tell you how much i appreciate you being honest. As a matter of fact i have all the saved all the conversation between me and my lawyer where in they state that i can work full time even though i did not. I have stopped working two days ago only completely however i am nervous though about the past 3 month i ended up working.
I guess lawyer knows more than us. From what i know, when your SP expires, you have 90days to restore and apply for Pgwp. I'm not sure 90days allow you to work or when you apply to restore, you are eligible to work under implied status. what i know is you can not work until you get decision about your restoration.

mrgandhi

Jun 13, 2019
I guess lawyer knows more than us. From what i know, when your SP expires, you have 90days to restore and apply for Pgwp. I'm not sure 90days allow you to work or when you apply to restore, you are eligible to work under implied status. what i know is you can not work until you get decision about your restoration.
and i second you on that, hence the reason i am still working part time, otherwise i have in writing from my lawyer stating you can work full time now. I am seriously nervous about the work i did in the past.