+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status Restoration Refused

Marsess

Apr 6, 2019
Hi! Today I have just received a refused letter from IRCC (I had a working holiday visa). I applied a couple of months ago for Express Entry with 415 points so I will have to wait at my country to get the Express Entry.
I am working at a Startup right now on Canada and because of the letter I don't know if I have to stop working tomorrow or they let me work until the end of the month so I can notice them.
If not, I want to ask to my boss for a job offer to get more point on Express entry and I would like to ask for any advise in my case.

Thank you

Marsess

Apr 6, 2019
Also here is the letter:
This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit.
Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have
carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is
therefore refused.
After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not a
person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or
opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
The maximum allowable employment under the Spain International Experience Canada
Program is 12 months for the category you are currently participating in. Since you have
exhausted this period you are no longer eligible for a work permit extension under this program
category from within Canada.
After considering all the circumstances of your case, your application for a work permit cannot
be approved as requested as per section R203 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Regulations. You do not possess a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment and Confirmation
from Employment and Social Development Canada. Your prospective employer is responsible
for obtaining this confirmation.
We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expired on August 3, 2019.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! Today I have just received a refused letter from IRCC (I had a working holiday visa). I applied a couple of months ago for Express Entry with 415 points so I will have to wait at my country to get the Express Entry.
I am working at a Startup right now on Canada and because of the letter I don't know if I have to stop working tomorrow or they let me work until the end of the month so I can notice them.
If not, I want to ask to my boss for a job offer to get more point on Express entry and I would like to ask for any advise in my case.

Thank you
You need to stop working immediately. You definitely cannot work until the end of the month.

You need more than a job offer to get additional points under Express Entry. Your boss will also need to obtain an approved LMIA which is typically a 4-6 month process.

You are now in Canada without status. If you want to remain longer as a visitor, you will need to apply to restore your status to visitor status. Or make plans to leave within the next few weeks. But either way, you can no longer work. I assume you were expecting a refusal since you didn't qualify for an extension and you've been prepared that this was going to happen sooner or later.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
You have to stop working right away, the longer you keep working illegally the worse it will be for your chances to ever get any Canadian visa and can even be banned from the country.