+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status of Bill C-24 billed Feb 6/2014

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rajpar said:
It seems duscussion on the C-24 is not thriving. It is very slow. My friend is supposed to complete his residence requirement by 2nd week of Nov. 2014 what do you think will he be affected or saved from the bill???
you never know...right now, there's no progress on the Bill. Same thing for me....i'm eligible to apply in Nov 2014.

You can track it here: http://www.parl.gc.ca/LEGISInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=6401990&View=0

bosmek

Apr 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not very good news on Bill C-24.

As stated before, there will be 6 consultation meetings at the Committee stage. Two of them are scheduled for April 28 and 30 and sashali78 says his group will be in front of the Committee on May 7. Therefore it is reasonable to assume that the consultation will be over before the second week of May. The government is pushing hard on all the fronts, and will probably pass the bill before the summer shut down.

We shall see...

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to news reports, it looks as though C-24 will pass the Commons and Senate as soon as this week! It will then receive Royal Assent soon thereafter, which will give SOME of the law immediate effect. However, it appears that the section that changes the number of years required to apply for citizenship will not take effect until "a day to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council". I would give the link, but it's not allowed.

hybridtheory

Jun 18, 2014
Do you know why section for "years spent" may not take effect right away?

alphazip said:
According to news reports, it looks as though C-24 will pass the Commons and Senate as soon as this week! It will then receive Royal Assent soon thereafter, which will give SOME of the law immediate effect. However, it appears that the section that changes the number of years required to apply for citizenship will not take effect until "a day to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council". I would give the link, but it's not allowed.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
hybridtheory said:
Do you know why section for "years spent" may not take effect right away?
Would it be possible for seniors to keep updating on this important issue.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
karamatnajeeb said:
Would it be possible for seniors to keep updating on this important issue.
There isn't anything to update. The Bill is now law and the various provisions will come into force when the powers-that-be decide is the right time.