+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status for visitor visa: Your application was withdrawn

Feb 19, 2023
My parents visitor visa application status shows as “Your application was withdrawn. We will send you a letter or email with details.” What does this mean? Can someone help?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
They just withdrew your application.
They will refund your fee at some point & you will have to reapply

The letter or email with details will not come anytime though [ Saying this out of Personal experience ]

arnold1983

Nov 7, 2022
New Brunswick
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-10-2022
Nomination.....
04-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
VISA ISSUED...
Montreal
My parents visitor visa application status shows as “Your application was withdrawn. We will send you a letter or email with details.” What does this mean? Can someone help?
Did you withdraw it?or just auto withdraw?

ruaaab12

Apr 5, 2023
We had an old application was InProgress for a year and 6 months, and we had to open a new application and i called the IRCC after 4 months and they said that the new application passed the eligibility and waiting for the final decision. As of today we received that the new application got withdrawal and the old one still in progress which is weird. any one know what is the issue?

• April 5, 2023 Your application was withdrawn. We will send you a letter or email with details.

Angelia009

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi Ruaaab12, my mother’s visitor visa application also has been withdrawn automatically 24th April 2023 I am clueless and worried about it. Could you please share if you have any updates?

Angelia009

Star Member
May 16, 2019
We had an old application was InProgress for a year and 6 months, and we had to open a new application and i called the IRCC after 4 months and they said that the new application passed the eligibility and waiting for the final decision. As of today we received that the new application got withdrawal and the old one still in progress which is weird. any one know what is the issue?

• April 5, 2023 Your application was withdrawn. We will send you a letter or email with details.
Hi Ruaaab12, my mother’s visitor visa application also has been withdrawn automatically 24th April 2023 I am clueless and worried about it. Could you please share if you have any updates?

ruaaab12

Apr 5, 2023
Any update so far after reapplying? Please let me know if you have any updates. We are so confused what to do at the moment:( there is no explanation letter.
We had applied for a visitor visa in August 2021 and waited for over a year without receiving any response. So, we applied again in October 2022. Surprisingly, on April 5, 2023, they withdrew the second application. However, we received an update on April 10, 2023, regarding the old application, requesting additional information. It appears that if you have two applications in progress, they will withdraw one of them and provide updates on the other, regardless of whether it's the old or new application.

Angelia009

Star Member
May 16, 2019
We had applied for a visitor visa in August 2021 and waited for over a year without receiving any response. So, we applied again in October 2022. Surprisingly, on April 5, 2023, they withdrew the second application. However, we received an update on April 10, 2023, regarding the old application, requesting additional information. It appears that if you have two applications in progress, they will withdraw one of them and provide updates on the other, regardless of whether it's the old or new application.
We haven’t reapplied that’s why not sure what’s going on. IRCC is not responsive :( please share here if you have any further updates.

MdRam

Jun 17, 2023
Did they refund you for the withdrawn applications by themselves ?