+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status changes regarding certificate delivery

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hello everyone, I'm creating a new thread from the citizenship proof timeline thread for this topic.

From your experience, is the status changed to "Application mailed" after the shipment, or it is only changed after you received the document?

My application's status was changed to decision made on 12 March, 2020. According to the web form inquiry reply, my certificate was printed and mailed on 12 March, 2020.

However, I have not received this, and the status is hanging on "Decision Made", not "Application mailed".

According to the embassy, IRCC suspended shipment of citizenship certificates since March, and only resume recently (e.g. "June").

I'm told to wait and nothing further can be done.

Just want to know what to expect. If the status would change and I would then need to wait for another couple months, or that the delivery is in process and I should ignore the application status.

Thank you in advance for all your information and insights on this topic!

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm creating a new thread from the citizenship proof timeline thread for this topic.

From your experience, is the status changed to "Application mailed" after the shipment, or it is only changed after you received the document?

My application's status was changed to decision made on 12 March, 2020. According to the web form inquiry reply, my certificate was printed and mailed on 12 March, 2020.

However, I have not received this, and the status is hanging on "Decision Made", not "Application mailed".

According to the embassy, IRCC suspended shipment of citizenship certificates since March, and only resume recently (e.g. "June").

I'm told to wait and nothing further can be done.

Just want to know what to expect. If the status would change and I would then need to wait for another couple months, or that the delivery is in process and I should ignore the application status.

Thank you in advance for all your information and insights on this topic!
Did you take the oath? DM is not the end, it takes 2-3 months to get an oath invite and that’s ignoring COVID. I have no idea where you are seeing this status because you normally get the certificate at the ceremony, and as far as I’m aware the few virtual ceremonies have been recent (not March).

Final status is completed or similar, after oath. I doubt IRCC will update their website to reflect a new mailed status any time soon!

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I’m applying for the citizenship proof replacement as I’m already a citizen, so it’s really a straight forward application, it’s been over a year now (submitted last year June).