+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status changed after submitting documents for PR

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi all

I had submitted my PR application in June and I recently got married/traveled abroad.
Can somebody please let me know what is to be done to update the embassy about change in my marital status and travel?

please guide.

thanks in advance.

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Can anybody please help?

ishpah said:
Hi all

I had submitted my PR application in June and I recently got married/traveled abroad.
Can somebody please let me know what is to be done to update the embassy about change in my marital status and travel?

please guide.

thanks in advance.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ishpah said:
Can anybody please help?
travel is not important, i travel twice a month i cant keep updating them when i travelled lol...

not sure on the marriage thing, maybe somoene who has gone through this can advise

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
thestunner316 said:
travel is not important, i travel twice a month i cant keep updating them when i travelled lol...

not sure on the marriage thing, maybe somoene who has gone through this can advise
Does it make any difference if where you're travelling is a country from which you had to get a PCC for your PR application? If they do a background check on that old PCC whilst you happen to be there, they might come to know that you're in that country and ask for an updated PCC from there?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
Does it make any difference if where you're travelling is a country from which you had to get a PCC for your PR application? If they do a background check on that old PCC whilst you happen to be there, they might come to know that you're in that country and ask for an updated PCC from there?
i'm not sure if i understood your question properly, but will attempt to answer anwyays

i'm an indian, and i live and work in dubai for last 5 years... so i will need PCC for both india and UAE.
to get PCC for india, i have to travel there anyway regardless.... what differnce does it make if i'm in india or UAE when they do verification ??
plus if i'm not mistaken PCC is valid for a year or so (im not 100% sure on this however)

if i understood your question wrong, please try to explain a little more in detail ? :)

SusanSimon

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
July 13, 2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
Nomination.....
None
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Required at this time
Passport Req..
Soon. Hopefully
VISA ISSUED...
Soon. Hopefully.
LANDED..........
Soon. Hopefully.
ishpah said:
Hi all

please guide.

thanks in advance.
Hey,
Raise a CSE stating the changes and also attach the required documents, like ur marriage certificate.
Hope this helps. All the best!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
thestunner316 said:
i'm not sure if i understood your question properly, but will attempt to answer anwyays

i'm an indian, and i live and work in dubai for last 5 years... so i will need PCC for both india and UAE.
to get PCC for india, i have to travel there anyway regardless.... what differnce does it make if i'm in india or UAE when they do verification ??
plus if i'm not mistaken PCC is valid for a year or so (im not 100% sure on this however)

if i understood your question wrong, please try to explain a little more in detail ? :)
As per CIC requirements, the PCC from your "country of residence" should be no more than 6 months old at time of PR application, and PCCs from other countries where you've been for >6 months should be dated "after the departure date of the last time you were in that country". Suppose I'm from UK but have previously lived in Japan. If after PR I went to Japan and they did vertification whilst I was there, even if they don't want a new PCC, the additional vertification required would still add time to the process. If I didn't travel to Japan, my PCC would be a guarantee that I have a clean record in that country. But if I travel and they find out I'm there, it is no longer a guarantee that I haven't committed some kind of crime after PR application.