+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status change today on PR application

heinzlin

Feb 25, 2017
Hi All,

I noticed that there was one slight change on my current PR application today, it changed from 'addtional documents are being reviewed' to 'We do not need additional documents'.

That's the only change, can anyone tell me whether it means IRCC start reviewing all documents from today?

I am now in background check and medical exam passed last month.

Thanks a lot if anyone can advise!

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
There is confusion as to what this status change actually means.

For some people, who were requested additional document, this change indicated that someone has looked at the submitted document and that document sufficed. In my case, I had to submit an additional PCC. Once I uploaded it to the system the status showed: being uploaded> being reviewed> we do not need additional documents.

For some people (many people!) the status changes even though they were never asked to provide any additional document!

I have seen this status change in my account more than 2 months ago and there hasn't been any update on the application.
I emailed CIC (once passed 5 months passed AOR) yesterday and they advised my file is being processed at Manila visa processing center.

Since you are in the Background check, I think your file is moving along smoothly and considering the trend, I believe a decision will come within next 4/5 weeks.

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
I had my meds passed today and i got the same problem, it changed to "additonal documents are being reviewed" even though I never got asked for additional docs, like what superspecial90 said above, it may just be a system glitch.

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
I had my meds passed today and i got the same problem, it changed to "additonal documents are being reviewed" even though I never got asked for additional docs, like what superspecial90 said above, it may just be a system glitch.
You guys are lucky.
Your application is moving very fast.
It took 2 months for my medicals to pass.

Good luck!