+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status change from CEC Inland to outland?

Mario 66

Sep 12, 2020
I was wondering if you could help me with my current situation. I am in Canada and it has been around 3 months that I submitted my documents for EE (my status bar is 45%ish). However, I recently got a job in Europe and I need to move there for 6~9 months. My question is that: Should I Inform IRCC about my intention to leave Canada? Is it possible to have a negative impact on my PR application as my BOWP has just recently approved? I heard that Officers will call later to confirm applicants are in Canada prior to issuing CORP. Does it always happen?

AshJ19

Sep 18, 2020
Dear @Mario 66, could you please share your experience of changing your address during the EE process. My spouse is in Canada and she has to come to India - while our PR is in process.

Her TRV has expired, hence we (i am the secondary applicant) will have to wait for the PR to get through before heading back to Canada from India. Thank you!

Warm Regards,
AJ

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I was wondering if you could help me with my current situation. I am in Canada and it has been around 3 months that I submitted my documents for EE (my status bar is 45%ish). However, I recently got a job in Europe and I need to move there for 6~9 months. My question is that: Should I Inform IRCC about my intention to leave Canada? Is it possible to have a negative impact on my PR application as my BOWP has just recently approved? I heard that Officers will call later to confirm applicants are in Canada prior to issuing CORP. Does it always happen?
You need to inform IRCC of any address changes, this will have an impact on which Office finishes processing your application and where you will be asked to submit your passport to have your visa issued. Alternatively, if you don't require a visa or if you're in Canada you would be scheduled for an appointment at the nearest IRCC office is you're in Canada.

Moving out of Canada while your PR is being processed will not have a negative impact, hiding stuff from them could potentially have negative consequences. Just do as you're supposed to an inform IRCC of any address changes.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Dear @Mario 66, could you please share your experience of changing your address during the EE process. My spouse is in Canada and she has to come to India - while our PR is in process.

Her TRV has expired, hence we (i am the secondary applicant) will have to wait for the PR to get through before heading back to Canada from India. Thank you!

Warm Regards,
AJ
There is nothing to share, you just fill out a Webform and let them know you're moving.

Your spouse, why didn't he/she apply for a BOWP?

AshJ19

Sep 18, 2020
There is nothing to share, you just fill out a Webform and let them know you're moving.

Your spouse, why didn't he/she apply for a BOWP?
Thanks a lot, @Wolfpmd3 for your prompt support, she has her BOWP valid till March`21. Its been almost one year we have been waiting for PR hence she didn`t move, but now it is taking a toll and she plans to visit us - we did go through a few of the conversation on the forum and they have mentioned that address changes from Canada (Inland) to India (Outland) might lead to rejection or that we will have to pull the application and reapply. Hence we are worried about what to do, but at the same time, she really wants to come here.

We have tried calling IRCC multiple times, but they are also not picking up.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot, @Wolfpmd3 for your prompt support, she has her BOWP valid till March`21. Its been almost one year we have been waiting for PR hence she didn`t move, but now it is taking a toll and she plans to visit us - we did go through a few of the conversation on the forum and they have mentioned that address changes from Canada (Inland) to India (Outland) might lead to rejection or that we will have to pull the application and reapply. Hence we are worried about what to do, but at the same time, she really wants to come here.

We have tried calling IRCC multiple times, but they are also not picking up.
There is no impact at all, being a current resident of Canada is not a condition to be granted PR under any program.

Whomever told you that is wrong.

You must however inform IRCC right away of any address changes.

Reactions: AshJ19

AshJ19

Sep 18, 2020
There is no impact at all, being a current resident of Canada is not a condition to be granted PR under any program.

Whomever told you that is wrong.

You must however inform IRCC right away of any address changes.
Thank you soo much, I might bother you one more time if some info flows in.

Appreciate your prompt support!