+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status - Approved?

inder_1995

May 6, 2019
Hello, firstly i apologise for posting this question i know it's silly but i'm bit worried so it's better to clarify from experts.
I submitted my study permit application online last month and on thursday i got Passport request letter stating "This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on
your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application."
and on top
Application status is still - "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." but Final decision - Your application was approved. Other status like Review of eligibility, Background check etc. are still under processing. what does this mean? do they update these after printing visa on passport or they do not update these at all?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If the final decision is "Approved", you have been approved. Don't worry about the other statuses, they often don't update at the exact same time.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hello, firstly i apologise for posting this question i know it's silly but i'm bit worried so it's better to clarify from experts.
I submitted my study permit application online last month and on thursday i got Passport request letter stating "This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on
your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application."
and on top
Application status is still - "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." but Final decision - Your application was approved. Other status like Review of eligibility, Background check etc. are still under processing. what does this mean? do they update these after printing visa on passport or they do not update these at all?
That's not a silly question! And Congratulations! That's your PPR - Passport Request. And you are right. You'll send your passport for visa.
And everything else would update on your online account once your passport reaches IRCC and they have finalized your file.

inder_1995

May 6, 2019
That's not a silly question! And Congratulations! That's your PPR - Passport Request. And you are right. You'll send your passport for visa.
And everything else would update on your online account once your passport reaches IRCC and they have finalized your file.
Thankyou, And do they send any letter after we receive the passport with visa other than passport request letter and correspondence letter?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Thankyou, And do they send any letter after we receive the passport with visa other than passport request letter and correspondence letter?
You're good! Just take the passport req. letter with you when you go to submit the passport

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Congratulations!

The rest of the status in MyCIC don't clear until the counterfoil has been attached to the passport. Depending on processing times, a few days after you submit your passport your application will be updated on MyCIC - you may not get an email about this update - and a new table will appear, labelled "Documents" which will include the counterfoil number and the expiry. Then everything else shows up as approved.

Enjoy your visit to Canada :)

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Yes, I already submitted my passport along with the request letter today.
Awesome! Your account will update by end of this week or early next week with the visa details and other fields you said are still saying "processing" :)

inder_1995

May 6, 2019
Congratulations!

The rest of the status in MyCIC don't clear until the counterfoil has been attached to the passport. Depending on processing times, a few days after you submit your passport your application will be updated on MyCIC - you may not get an email about this update - and a new table will appear, labelled "Documents" which will include the counterfoil number and the expiry. Then everything else shows up as approved.

Enjoy your visit to Canada :)
Thankyou for the response, Yeah will check CIC account next week once i receive the passport.

neharana256

Mar 25, 2019
HI, i too have the same case scenario, but I haven't got the request letter. how many days will it take for cic to send me request letter after the status shows that my visa has been approved?

rs929

Jan 16, 2019
HI, i too have the same case scenario, but I haven't got the request letter. how many days will it take for cic to send me request letter after the status shows that my visa has been approved?
Wait for a day you will get the request letter. There's no fix time.