+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statements from Friends/Family Question

Bagofnails

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question as we wrap up our application. Our friends and family are preparing statements to show support for our relationship and all that fun stuff, however, I had a question in regards to their identity and the statements.

Should they include a copy of their ID/Passport etc to show they are the person writing the statement?

Thanks!

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question as we wrap up our application. Our friends and family are preparing statements to show support for our relationship and all that fun stuff, however, I had a question in regards to their identity and the statements.

Should they include a copy of their ID/Passport etc to show they are the person writing the statement?

Thanks!
No... No need to include ID's. but having them notarized does not hurt;)

Bagofnails

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Thanks for the reply! We would like them to be notorized, but I'm not sure our family in Canada will be able to do that. Our family overseas won't have a problem, as it's free.

I appreciate the reply either way!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply! We would like them to be notorized, but I'm not sure our family in Canada will be able to do that. Our family overseas won't have a problem, as it's free.

I appreciate the reply either way!
They don't need to be notarized.

Bagofnails

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
They don't need to be notarized.
Hi, Canuck_in_UK. Thanks for the reply. Glad to know we won't have to ask family and friends to shell out $45 each to help us!

Question though, I asked above if they need to include a colour scan of some form of ID to the statement. Is that applicable, or will the statement they write suffice so long as they include their name (perhaps address and contact details?)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, Canuck_in_UK. Thanks for the reply. Glad to know we won't have to ask family and friends to shell out $45 each to help us!

Question though, I asked above if they need to include a colour scan of some form of ID to the statement. Is that applicable, or will the statement they write suffice so long as they include their name (perhaps address and contact details?)
You don't need their IDs.

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
On my application I only photocopied greeting cards for our wedding and did not include IDs.

I helped my uncle with his application and wrote a letter for him. I included my ID but it’s not even suggested by IRCC.