+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statement of purpose?? 450 words sufficient??

student2014

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Hello,
Friends I want to ask that what is the general word limit for a good SOP? 500 words
My sop is of 450 so is that sufficient or I add some more??
Thanks.

legro

Star Member
May 18, 2015
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront, 21-07-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
The essence of SOP is not in the length but in the content. Does it state the purpose for your studies and its effect on your career? Also, did you show ties with your home country? These are what they look out for. Hope I am not late with my response?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
CIC doesnt requieres a SOP with your application dude...

Although it might be a good idea to attach one there is not such thing as a word minimun or a limit as well... but if you write something too long the VO might not even look at it.. we dont even know.

In my case my statement of purpose was about 50 words in length and I got my visa...

Just make sure to show strong home ties in ti, that is the most important thing.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
OyBosEnEmm said:
@ Wolfpmd3

In your own case what did u show as home tie. This is essential. Please share.

Regards
Well I am not married, i am single 25 years old, I graduated from University as a Medical doctor in October 31st 2014.
I worked from January until March at a Hospital, but quit the day I received letter from acceptance from my University so I could do everything that was needed for my study permit that was submitted only 2 weeks after that.

I sent proof of properties from my parents which is: 2 cars (19000 USD and 34000 USD each), 4 departments (400000 USD + 180000 USD + 170000 USD + 40000 USD) each + bank Statements from both my parents ( My dad had around 45000 USD on his and my mom had around 12000 USD on hers)...

I really dont have any properties and not much money in my account and both my parents are my sponsors.... I didnt sent my bank statement although I had around 8000 USD there

So I guess my parents properties worked fine as Home Ties for me... since that was the only thing I had...

I am single and have no childs

OyBosEnEmm

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
@Wolfpmd3

Interesting profile! Do you mean 4 apartments 'cos your wrote department? As for the cars, was it the receipt you showed? Did you pay your 1st year tuition upfront or send any money to Canada? Can you please throw some light on this if you have information about it.

thanks.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
OyBosEnEmm said:
@ Wolfpmd3

Interesting profile! Do you mean 4 apartments 'cos your wrote department? As for the cars, was it the receipt you showed? Did you pay your 1st year tuition upfront or send any money to Canada? Can you please throw some light on this if you have information about it.

thanks.
yeah dude it was apartments... My bad...

No I have not sent any money into Canada.. All the money was here...

And no I havent payed my tuition in advance since I have not been allowed by university (I will be able to do so since June)..

So all my money is here with me...

garry789

May 25, 2015
hi man can u please help me out on this matter
my mom got her multiple visitor visa for my convocation which is in June. but due to some problems my mom would not be able to come on my convocation.so my question is that is that fine with Canadian immigration if she comes in July after 1 month of my convocation.
if there will be any problem than what kind of problems will occur and how can we deal those problems.
thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I don't get it??

Why would there be any problem...

It is not like visas are issued based on events.. Like my son's graduation... She can come to Canada until her visa is valid dude..

If it valid until 2020 she can come as many times as she wants to... That's why she got multiple entry visa...

And hey you should started new topics for this instead of using other previously started topics