+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

State Police Certificate

MMat

May 8, 2009
Hi All

I am an indian citizen. I was working in the US for about 3 years sometime agao. Now I am in India. I was asked to submit the FBI clearance certificate when I applied for the canadian residency. This was a couple of years ago and I have done that as I was in the US then. I got a no records certificate.

Now they have asked me to submit a US State Police certificate. For this i checked the website and it asks me to download the fingerprinting form, get myself fingerprinted by some authority and send that along with cover letter and fee to the FBI.

The problem I am facing is in India I checked and could not find an agency that will athorise fingerprints. I reported this to the immigration office and they kept giving me the same answer: "pls go to website and do accordingly"

Can someone pls help me to 1. let me know where I can get fingerprints authorised in India. 2. What is the alternative I can do.

Kindly help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MMat said:
Hi All

I am an indian citizen. I was working in the US for about 3 years sometime agao. Now I am in India. I was asked to submit the FBI clearance certificate when I applied for the canadian residency. This was a couple of years ago and I have done that as I was in the US then. I got a no records certificate.

Now they have asked me to submit a US State Police certificate. For this i checked the website and it asks me to download the fingerprinting form, get myself fingerprinted by some authority and send that along with cover letter and fee to the FBI.

The problem I am facing is in India I checked and could not find an agency that will athorise fingerprints. I reported this to the immigration office and they kept giving me the same answer: "pls go to website and do accordingly"

Can someone pls help me to 1. let me know where I can get fingerprints authorised in India. 2. What is the alternative I can do.

Kindly help.
Come on there are thousand of people who get fingerprinted for FBI/State certificates in India every year, show a little initiative. Your local police station would probably do it. Note that they are asking for the state police certificates, not another FBI. You require a certificate from every state where you lived for 6 months. See: http://tinyurl.com/b7xh7o

PMM

MMat

May 8, 2009
Hi PMM

Thanks for the reply. Its not that I didnt try, these are the places that I checked:

1. Local police station. Negative.
2. Tried reputed detective agencies like Globe: Negative, but they gave me this info: Earlier there was some retired police superintendent who used to take fingerprints and it was valid even in the court of law. He is no longer doing it and does not know who else is.
3. Called the US embassy to know if they will be able to send my fingerprints that is with them to the FBI. Negative again
4. I also tried checking with the cicp for some help.

After all that didnt help I saw this blog and posted my message.

If you know some agency or contact who is authorised to take the prints, please do pass on the info to me.

Thanks in advance.
MMat

larka81

Apr 1, 2009
You could do it your self.....I think i have have seen a video on youtube showing how to do fingerprint impressions....I did it myself.

thinker038

May 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/08/2009
Doc's Request.
04/05/2009
AOR Received.
14/09/2009
File Transfer...
30/06/2010
Med's Request
Not yet
Hi,

I can send you the blank fingerprint card in pdf format.

Get a black pad and fingerprint yourself.

Just a little practice.

I did the same for FBI and state certificate.

MMat

May 8, 2009
Hi thinker038

Thanks a lot. I can download the same from FBI site as well. But what did you fill in the space that said, authorised by? Can you leave it blank?

MMat.

hardikshah01

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
Dear Mmat

Who say you can not do from police station? and you can do from fingerprint expert also... when i inquired they told me there charge was Rs.10,000.... so i prefered local police and got it done free

I did my FBI fingerprint and NJ State fingerprint from local police station

you need to approach them, show proof of residence, give letter of request to do fingerprint and they do it for free

As far as NJ was concerned, i called them and they sent me Fingerprint card along with payment requirement and return mailing address

let me know if u need more information

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
MMat - are you sure you need finger prints for your state? I did state clearence in 3 different states and only 1 (IL) required finger prints - the rest I got with SSN, Name and address.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes, Mmat -

If you are looking at the FBI site, you are looking at the wrong site. You need a STATE certificate from the state you lived in - which was it? Not all states require fingerprints.

PMM posted the link to the State sites.

hirentank

Sep 7, 2009
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landing on 16th Jan, 11.
Dear hardikshah01,

I am gathering information for getting my Fingerprint for - FBI and NJ State. I made unsuccessful attempt to get it done from local police station though I could breathe a sigh of relief after reading that you got your fingerprint done from local police! Can you please share;
1. Who/how you approached the police (i.e. which dept or officer)?
2. Did they (the police) signed and/or stamped Fingerprint card? (When I called FBI and NJ police dept., they suggested that they would accept Fingerprint card authorized/singed by local police)

Thanks in advance,

hardikshah01 said:
Dear Mmat

Who say you can not do from police station? and you can do from fingerprint expert also... when i inquired they told me there charge was Rs.10,000.... so i prefered local police and got it done free

I did my FBI fingerprint and NJ State fingerprint from local police station

you need to approach them, show proof of residence, give letter of request to do fingerprint and they do it for free

As far as NJ was concerned, i called them and they sent me Fingerprint card along with payment requirement and return mailing address

let me know if u need more information

sheldon

Aug 11, 2009
Hi MMat,

Were you able to get the fingerprints from India?. Please share. I am also looking for the same thing.

regards,
Sheldon.