+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Experience

shl111

Dec 25, 2020
Hi, I cofounded a company with my friend in may last year. Can I use its experience during Express entry? Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes but you have to prove that you did the work full time. You need to have your business registration (certificate, license, website, workplace photos), show income (contracts, work completion letters, taxes, bank statements, receipts/invoices), reference letters from customers and suppliers Including contact details.

shl111

Dec 25, 2020
Yes but you have to prove that you did the work full time. You need to have your business registration (certificate, license, website, workplace photos), show income (contracts, work completion letters, taxes, bank statements, receipts/invoices), reference letters from customers and suppliers Including contact details.
What If I show that I was an employee of this startup. Which documents do I require?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What If I show that I was an employee of this startup. Which documents do I require?
As per the site,
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What does, should match with bank account mean?
Well you need to have cash slips or some documentation from your employer that you were paid in cash. Even with cash, you will have pay slips. Do you put the money in the bank to show that you are paid? If so show your bank statements to prove payment.

shl111

Dec 25, 2020
Well you need to have cash slips or some documentation from your employer that you were paid in cash. Even with cash, you will have pay slips. Do you put the money in the bank to show that you are paid? If so show your bank statements to prove payment.
Will a salary certificate work? wasn't paid much that I would deposit the salary in banks. It was type of a stipend.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If that is what you have then use it. You may get into an issue if you receive an ITA. Depending on the NOC, you don‘t want your annual salary to be so low it doesn’t match average income.