+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STARTING PROCESS FOR FSW, need Guidance !!

devanshu

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

I want to start up with the process of ECA now, but I am a bit worried about the timing for starting this process.
I recently got to know that the process rules will be changing from January 2015. My Agent says that we will be able to do the 'Visa Filing' before the new rules come into effect, and hence we should not worry about the new rules coming up. He suggests that because we will be doing the 'Visa Filing' with the current rules, we need not worry about the 'File No.' generation as it automatically will be considered under current rules and our process will get through with the existing set of rules Canada is following.

I request seniors here to share their their thoughts and knowledge on this and provide your suggestions on following -
1. Considering the ECA time included, the ideal time for 'Visa Filing' is 3 to 4 months?
2. Is 'Visa Filing' really a benchmark in terms of considering whether the case should be taken up under which set of rules?
3. Should we go ahead with the process now or it would be wiser to wait till January and apply with new rules?

Plz help

Thanks.. Dev

pumbaa_g

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
@devanshu I will suggest that you start going through the CIC Website and this forum to understand the whole process. Secondly, I will suggest that you don't blindly trust anyone especially an agent with such an important decision without having the proper knowledge, check the posts and you will find how many people have been duped by Agents. Majority of agents are scam artists with rudimentary knowledge of the whole process (although from what you have written it seems he may have given you some correct information)
To cut the long story short, currently the application for 40 NOC Codes under Federal Skill Worker Programme are being submitted. These will continue till the CAP (25000) is reached. If you can apply and get in the application before this, you will be considered. The new Process which replaces Federal Skill Worker Programme (arguably as no clear information is available as of now) is the EOI which will start in Jan 2015.
Before you start off with the paperwork, please take some time to do the free assessments available on many websites and understand A) If you are eligible to apply under the 40 NOC Codes B) How many points you get as per the assessment.
67 is the score that you require to be considered for the FSW 2014. You will also need to give a test of English (IELTS)
If you have everything ready 45-60 days should be enough to get everything ready...if you don't have any delays
Seniors please correct if I am mistaken :)

BritishGuy

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you qualify under current rules then go ahead and apply. Your application will be considered under the rules in force on the date it is received by CIC. You should be able to get your ECA in time.

devanshu

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pumbaa_g said:
@ devanshu I will suggest that you start going through the CIC Website and this forum to understand the whole process. Secondly, I will suggest that you don't blindly trust anyone especially an agent with such an important decision without having the proper knowledge, check the posts and you will find how many people have been duped by Agents. Majority of agents are scam artists with rudimentary knowledge of the whole process (although from what you have written it seems he may have given you some correct information)
To cut the long story short, currently the application for 40 NOC Codes under Federal Skill Worker Programme are being submitted. These will continue till the CAP (25000) is reached. If you can apply and get in the application before this, you will be considered. The new Process which replaces Federal Skill Worker Programme (arguably as no clear information is available as of now) is the EOI which will start in Jan 2015.
Before you start off with the paperwork, please take some time to do the free assessments available on many websites and understand A) If you are eligible to apply under the 40 NOC Codes B) How many points you get as per the assessment.
67 is the score that you require to be considered for the FSW 2014. You will also need to give a test of English (IELTS)
If you have everything ready 45-60 days should be enough to get everything ready...if you don't have any delays
Seniors please correct if I am mistaken :)
hi @ pumbaa Thnx for the reply..

I have gone through the CIC website and have also done the Points calculation and found that we (I and my spouse) can fulfill the required points 67 for the allotment of Visa. I precisely need an advice on the questions, that are -
1. Considering the ECA time included, the ideal time for 'Visa Filing' is 3 to 4 months?
2. Is 'Visa Filing' really a benchmark in terms of considering whether the case should be taken up under which set of rules?
3. Should we go ahead with the process now or it would be wiser to wait till January and apply with new rules?

I more importantly look to have an answer for point 2, as I couldn't find this specific information.
Thnx again..

devanshu

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BritishGuy said:
If you qualify under current rules then go ahead and apply. Your application will be considered under the rules in force on the date it is received by CIC. You should be able to get your ECA in time.
@BritishGuy
Is 'Visa Filing' really a benchmark in terms of considering whether the case should be taken up under which set of rules?
Thnx..