+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Starting my spousal sponsorship process

Parneet17

Dec 18, 2018
Hi all,
I am abt to start sponsoring process for my husband in india. I was just reading through the process of application and found this wonderful website of forums. I have a following few questions:
1. Do I need to attach my husband's(PA) original birth certificate?
2. How does OWP work?Does that mean my husband can come to canada without having a job offer?
3. I saw in the list of supporting documents something abt financial help receipts. We never sent each other money, since it was never reqd. will it look suspicious if my husband sends me money now?
Hoping for some good advice. Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.

you can only submit application for OWP with inland spousal sponsorship.......not with outland sponsorship......if your husband were to be inside Canada on a visitor visa and living with you inside Canada, you could apply for inland sponsorship with OWP...the OWP will enable him work while the sponsorship is been processed.

No....it won't look suspicious.....and its not mandatory he sends you money or provide proof that he sent you money.....provide the documents as required in the checklist