+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Starting my own corp and working in India

praikdeshmukh1987

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi ,
First of all inwant to say this forum has been a blessing and has really guided all of us through thick and thin.
I just wanted to know if i start my own company that works for us clients or corps and i go to india and work from there.
Will such a situation be considered as legal time abroad and help me qualify for my cotizenship and my pr abroad?
I will be an employee of the federal corp i start its just that the geographical/place of work location will be india
Thanks and Regards,
Pratik

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ,
First of all inwant to say this forum has been a blessing and has really guided all of us through thick and thin.
I just wanted to know if i start my own company that works for us clients or corps and i go to india and work from there.
Will such a situation be considered as legal time abroad and help me qualify for my cotizenship and my pr abroad?
I will be an employee of the federal corp i start its just that the geographical/place of work location will be india
Thanks and Regards,
Pratik
No, it will not help you. The time you spend in India will be counted as time outside of Canada. It will not be counted towards either the PR residency requirement or citizenship. You will need to physically live in Canada to count the time towards PR and citizenship.

IRCC shut this loop hole down many years ago. If it was this easy, everyone would just set up a corporation in Canada and then live outside of Canada and still be able to maintain PR.