+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Started our sponsorship application

Lewalle7

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
This will be a two part question:
1. Although I know it says for sponsoring spouses, there are no minimum income requirements, but there is a section regarding employment history and educational background. My husband has limited education(didn't finish high school, due to various circumstances), and he has a seasonal job, will this affect his ability to sponsor?

2. There is a section on the IMM5532E which says " is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship", what on Earth do people tend to write down for this? It is very vague, thank you.
:

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
1. As long as he's not on welfare or bankrupt he might be eligible to Sponsor you. However, according to Document Checklist the Sponsor has to provide evidence of financial support, i.e. the Notice of Assessment for previous year (or whichever is available). If i am not mistaken seasonal workers still pay taxes, therefore he has to have NoA on his CRA online account.

2. In my opinion if this section didn't exist they'd had to invent it. This is the only big section of the form where you actually has a space to describe your relationship, otherwise you would have to attach an additional piece of paper with your full story.
Here you can also describe your mutual future plans or how you both cohabiting together, what you feel about each other, how you support each other...etc.