+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Started online classes for sept2020 but no final approval!

elmorvIN

Nov 3, 2020
Hi guys,
Is anyone having same status as mine?
App Lodged: March 2020 - complete app including biometrics and medical.
AIP date received: Aug 15, 2020.
Started Online Classes for Sept 2020 intake.
School is listed in DLI list of approved for covid-19 readiness plan since October 20,2020.
Still no 2nd stage or final approval received.

What are they thinking? They have approved students for 2021 intake, but students like us, who are already taking online classes for sept2020 intake - they’re keeping and holding our apps!

They have also send me this email last oct 20, 2020:

The Government of Canada has announced changes to travel restrictions affecting those intending to study in Canada.
If you are a representative, please let your clients know about this important information.

You are receiving this notification because you have applied to study in Canada and passed the first-stage eligibility assessment.

While the COVID-19 pandemic has presented a number of challenges worldwide, Canada’s approach is aimed at protecting the health of Canadians and its residents while minimizing the economic and social impact of the health and travel restrictions.

After October 20, 2020, international students may travel to Canada only if they:

• have a valid study permit or letter of introduction, and
  • will be attending a designated learning institution (DLI) with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by the province or territory they are going to and listed on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website
With first-stage approval, your application is not yet finalized and you don’t have a valid study permit or letter of introduction. Until you receive final approval, you are not permitted to travel to Canada.

If you receive final approval, you will only be permitted to travel to Canada if your DLI is on the list of DLIs that have a COVID-19 readiness plan that has been approved by the province or territory where the DLI is located.

Measures are in place to allow you to maintain eligibility for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program if you are studying online from abroad. We encourage you to review the IRCC website to receive the most up-to-date information affecting international students, including the list of DLIs that have an approved COVID-19 readiness plan. This list is updated regularly.

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
I cannot confirm the exact number but there are atleast 500 students including me who's in the exact same situation. Day 245 here.

Reactions: usman_1986

gg9

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
I never got this letter nor had I got any AIP till now
Applied in September for Sep 2020 intake. Classes are online and the difference between time zones is killing me right now.
medical passed and biometric done.
last update was on Oct 18th, since then nothing.
complete SDS application.

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I am in the same situation.1st stage August 17, started class Sept 8. Complete application, Vac open. No final approval yet. But did not get this email. My office is CPC Ottawa and I applied from the USA

Reactions: nmp98 and suhelm

elmorvIN

Nov 3, 2020
I cannot confirm the exact number but there are atleast 500 students including me who's in the exact same situation. Day 245 here.
Oh my! Why are they approving students for 2021 intake?? They promised that they will honor first sept2020 intake, but then they stopped!

elmorvIN

Nov 3, 2020
I am in the same situation.1st stage August 17, started class Sept 8. Complete application, Vac open. No final approval yet. But did not get this email. My office is CPC Ottawa and I applied from the USA
what are they planning for us sept 2020 intake students??

elmorvIN

Nov 3, 2020
I never got this letter nor had I got any AIP till now
Applied in September for Sep 2020 intake. Classes are online and the difference between time zones is killing me right now.
medical passed and biometric done.
last update was on Oct 18th, since then nothing.
complete SDS application.
i think they are holding our application - almost all whom i’ve talked to, who are studying since sept2020, still has no final approval yet.

elmorvIN

Nov 3, 2020
You still have time until 30th April 2021, that's still a plenty left to wait.
oh my!The school is not refunding the money, i have paid the amount which is intended for me to be studying inside Canada, and not via online classes, And also, why those 2021 intakes were already approved and us sept2020, still waiting??

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
oh my!The school is not refunding the money, i have paid the amount which is intended for me to be studying inside Canada, and not via online classes, And also, why those 2021 intakes were already approved and us sept2020, still waiting??
From my perspective you are saving your living expenses and still getting eligible for PGWP unscathed, I don't see what's wrong here.

elmorvIN

Nov 3, 2020
Nope, recent applications are still getting PPR's . It's last in first out.
huh? Why is that? It should be 1st in - 1st out. Do they not think its unfair for those who are waiting for almost a year? I know there is pandemic, but approvals as early as 1 or 2 weeks after lodging, I think that’s too unfair.

elmorvIN

Nov 3, 2020
My university uses D2L Brightspace and I am unaffected by time differences and I am an AIP holder myself by the way.
Yes, me too. D2L, btw, where are u located? Because i’m pretty sure that time in canada and time in the middle east (where im located)
are really different with each other.