+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Start-UP Visa, Two partners do not want to apply for PR after Letter of Support issued.

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever been in a similar situation like this. We are three founders and we have been issued with the letter of Support by the incubator, however, my partners are finding it difficult to apply for the PR due to their personal reasons (One's wife is a doctor and she can't move out for the next two years) and the other founder spent a decent amount money on his child's delivery and bought a house, therefore, does not have enough funds to show. Therefore, both founder's don't want to apply for PR and the letter of support has been issued to us by the Incubator.

Now, the question is if i apply alone with their names being mentioned as Essential person as well, will that result in my application being refused?

How can i get this issue fixed?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever been in a similar situation like this. We are three founders and we have been issued with the letter of Support by the incubator, however, my partners are finding it difficult to apply for the PR due to their personal reasons (One's wife is a doctor and she can't move out for the next two years) and the other founder spent a decent amount money on his child's delivery and bought a house, therefore, does not have enough funds to show. Therefore, both founder's don't want to apply for PR and the letter of support has been issued to us by the Incubator.

Now, the question is if i apply alone with their names being mentioned as Essential person as well, will that result in my application being refused?

How can i get this issue fixed?
If you apply alone, the application will be refused. All of the essential persons must apply and be approved - or the entire application will be refused. There is no point applying without both essential persons, refusal is guaranteed. See the following:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=651&top=6

You need a new letter of support from the indubator that lists only you.

Reactions: soheilhs

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not related to your start-up visa but has your friend's wife explored how difficult it will be to practice medicine in Canada. There are sone slight chances as a family doctor but most foreign physicians are unable to get licensed in Canada and either leave or try and find work in other fields. If she is unwilling to move I assume she wants to continue practicing medicine.

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Not related to your start-up visa but has your friend's wife explored how difficult it will be to practice medicine in Canada. There are sone slight chances as a family doctor but most foreign physicians are unable to get licensed in Canada and either leave or try and find work in other fields. If she is unwilling to move I assume she wants to continue practicing medicine.
She's well aware of that, she just came back from london after intensive training and her exams, she has a great career here in Pak and does not want to relocate and that has got my partner in doubt as well, putting my application at risk lol.