+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Start new job on implied status?

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Hey canadavisa and jalex,
Let's not get into argument !! U both guys are cool and thanks for helping me out anyways..

Good luck for of you !! Take care !!

Don't forget jaguar bomb on this weekend lol

Cheers !!!!

dimpb11

Jan 4, 2018
Please advise if one can join a NEW job on implied status i.e. on expired SIN ? Is it legal to do so ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Please advise if one can join a NEW job on implied status i.e. on expired SIN ? Is it legal to do so ?
Has nothing to do with the SIN and everything to do with the kind of work permit (open or closed) that you had ...you have to continue the conditions of the old work permit, if it was closed, you cannot start working for a new employer until you get a new permit that authorizes that employer.

Reactions: segpresto

dimpb11

Jan 4, 2018
Has nothing to do with the SIN and everything to do with the kind of work permit (open or closed) that you had ...you have to continue the conditions of the old work permit, if it was closed, you cannot start working for a new employer until you get a new permit that authorizes that employer.
Thankyou. Agreed on work permit status. My spouse work permit is open but is getting expired soon and we did apply for extension already., can my spouse join a new job while on implied status?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thankyou. Agreed on work permit status. My spouse work permit is open but is getting expired soon and we did apply for extension already., can my spouse join a new job while on implied status?
Yes, but this is where the expired SIN becomes a complication, since many employers are reluctant to allow a new employee to start with and expired SIN (it's a bit different if you simply continue working for the same employer), and many do not understand implied status. If the new employer is OK with all of that, then ... from a status perspective, it is perfectly OK to start a new job.

MalaSunil

Mar 18, 2017

Hi dimpb11,
I am also in same situation, my SOWP is in the process of extension.And I have cleared few interviews before SOWP expire and expecting confirmation mail for the same. Could you please let me know were you allowed to work with implied status?
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

segpresto

Nov 8, 2019
Thank you so much for explaining in simple ways for us to understand. I'm kinda in the same dilemma as well lol. I currently work at Moores clothing as a SA part-time but I got an offer to work with Rogers and they rescinded my offer last week because my open work permit expired on Oct 17. But I have already applied for extension 30 days before it expired on Oct 17. While in the process of waiting for my extension am I allowed to work for a new position at Rogers as well or only be able to work with Moores until I receive my extension.

segpresto

Nov 8, 2019
Jalex23,

you should chill before you answer a post.
work permit extensions with the same employer could take more then few weeks sometimes if done through paper.
the maximum period for implied status is 6 months,please review your information carefully before misleading others.
CRA is aware that foreign workers SIN cards expiry date is tied with their work permits and aware that they can keep working under implied status and this will not affect their deductions (federal tax,EI,CPP).
to make it simple for you its only the card that expires not the number,the SIN number will only get discarded once you become pr because a new and permanent number is given then.
CIC allow people to work under implied status for a reason.

Thank you so much for explaining in simple ways for us to understand. I'm kinda in the same dilemma as well lol. I currently work at Moores clothing as a SA part-time but I got an offer to work with Rogers and they rescinded my offer last week because my open work permit expired on Oct 17. But I have already applied for extension 30 days before it expired on Oct 17. While in the process of waiting for my extension am I allowed to work for a new position at Rogers as well or only be able to work with Moores until I receive my extension.

segpresto

Nov 8, 2019
I'm on an open work permit as well but ti expired last OCt 17 and I got another job offer at Rogers and they rescinded my offer since my open work permit expired but I have already applied for an extension before 30 days expiry. I still have my current job at Moores clothing but it's not sufficient enough for me to make ends meet. Let me know. Thanks a lot

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm on an open work permit as well but ti expired last OCt 17 and I got another job offer at Rogers and they rescinded my offer since my open work permit expired but I have already applied for an extension before 30 days expiry. I still have my current job at Moores clothing but it's not sufficient enough for me to make ends meet. Let me know. Thanks a lot
Are you on PGWP? There are no extension of a PGWP. Are you in the process of getting PR?

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
From what I know, you can work for another employer on Implied status. But you cant work for new employer on expired SIN number. You can however work for old employer on expired SIN.
Need have to wait until you get an extension.

Go here if you need clarification.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/starting-new-job-under-implied-status.279746/