+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STANLEE, ISTARI & OTHER EXPERTS: What's your gut feeling on this?

epressentry

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
CEC Inland - CELPIP maxed out, 2 year Canadian experience, Bachelors and PGWP expiring in 15 days. My CRS score is 469. What should I do?

- apply for a visitor and stay till December end to see if the changes (perhaps in November) effect me positively and I get ITA before year end?
- apply for a study permit and start Masters (1 year); better use of my time while waiting for ITA/PPR?
- leave Canada at the end of my PGWP and follow express entry from home country?

What would you do in this PARTICULAR case? Your response is much appreciated.

RC

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
epressentry said:
CEC Inland - CELPIP maxed out, 2 year Canadian experience, Bachelors and PGWP expiring in 15 days. My CRS score is 469. What should I do?

- apply for a visitor and stay till December end to see if the changes (perhaps in November) effect me positively and I get ITA before year end?
- apply for a study permit and start Masters (1 year); better use of my time while waiting for ITA/PPR?
- leave Canada at the end of my PGWP and follow express entry from home country?

RC
I will pursue option 3.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
epressentry said:

RC
I, personally, would go for option 3.

Option 2 is also a good option, but it really depends on you.
Can you afford to study a Maser's degree ? Is it something you would be considering doing even if you weren't trying to stay in the country immediately ? Will it have a big impact on your ability to find work later on ? Etc.

epressentry

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
any specific reason why not option 1?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
epressentry said:
any specific reason why not option 1?
Say that you do decide to stay until the end of December, and you receive ITA between now and then. Then what ?
You'll still have 6+ months before you receive CoPR, and in that time, you'll have to go back to your home country anyway.

epressentry

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
Thats true but I would still need some time to arrange a spot for my car, belongings etc if i move out of my apartment and leave for my home country.
I saved up to buy a house now I will be using it to find a storage for my stuff... :(
Express Entry SUCKS !!!

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I have been in similar situation a long back, not in canada, but the UK, i picked option 2. I think taken option 3 may result in never coming back route.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
If i have the money to pay for my tution i will definitely go with option 2. Reasons : The time you spend here waiting for ITA and PR after that will be more productive (Eligible to work part time atleast). Its a pain in the a** being a visitor spending your savings without any income. And even if you go back to your home country, you will be more stressed out waiting for ITA and then COPR once you got your ITA, Nothing productive time spent in this case either.
This is my personal opinion. Good Luck.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
With a CRS of 469, I would either take Option 1 or Option 3. You're probably going to get an ITA very soon at that score, and unlike with Option 2, you won't have to spend a freakish amount of money on a Master's Degree education.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Just try to choose a plan where you can improve your chances of gettingg an ita for example:masters program if you can afford,more work experience,improving your ielts if there is room or even studyinng french and at the same time to benefit in case god forbidden you didnt get an ita soon enough so that you are doing some kind of progress and not putting all your life for the sake of immigration.

ssiddharthsuresh

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
Why can't the OP apply for a paper work permit extension and get some more work experience on implied status until the application gets rejected and in the meantime work on getting the study permit as well? If feel that would be a great option whereby the OP can work and also study (work part time) later on. What do you guys think?

mrawa

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017
Hello epressentry and Others,

I wanted to pick your brain guys !! any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

I am in the same boat as OP, I have a score of 479 and my PGWP will expire at the end of Nov. As we are all aware of the situation that CIC cut-off isn't going to go down to 479 until my PGWP is valid. I was more inclined towards going back to my home country, but the troublesome part is to get rid of all the belongings before I take off. My question is regarding Study Permit.
Wouldn't you need to have an acceptance letter from a college/university in order to apply for Study Permit? & another follow up question on that, Do you think I have enough time to apply for one now?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrawa said:
Hello epressentry and Others,

I wanted to pick your brain guys !! any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

I am in the same boat as OP, I have a score of 479 and my PGWP will expire at the end of Nov. As we are all aware of the situation that CIC cut-off isn't going to go down to 479 until my PGWP is valid. I was more inclined towards going back to my home country, but the troublesome part is to get rid of all the belongings before I take off. My question is regarding Study Permit.
Wouldn't you need to have an acceptance letter from a college/university in order to apply for Study Permit? & another follow up question on that, Do you think I have enough time to apply for one now?

Thanks
1 - yes, acceptance letter would be required
2 - it probably is, but it is up to you to do your research regarding universities/college application deadlines.