+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

standard living cost in toronto

May 22, 2018
HI folks,

Got an offer from a toronto based company and as per the offer letter under the header called
Cash Compensation the amount specified assalary is C$62000 pa .

wanted to know is it reflecting the Net Salary or the Gross salary including tax and insurance ?
as I will bring my wife and daughter after 6 to 8 month so will it be a good salary to run the show ??

please guide me if its a good salary to run the show ??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no required insurance in Canada although you need to purchase things like car, home, rental insurance based on your circumstances. Salaries are always gross. Did you apply for this position? We see many scams on this forum.

May 22, 2018
There is no required insurance in Canada although you need to purchase things like car, home, rental insurance based on your circumstances. Salaries are always gross. Did you apply for this position? We see many scams on this forum.
is it a good salary ? or after issuing the offer letter can i negotiate further with them for the salary ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can survive on that income but it will be quite tight on a single income. Salary is dependent on the position so can't comment. Also unclear whether you are a PR. I would suggest you look at the cost of rentals. Buying a house will not be possible in the GTA unless you come with significant savings.

May 22, 2018
You can survive on that income but it will be quite tight on a single income. Salary is dependent on the position so can't comment. Also unclear whether you are a PR. I would suggest you look at the cost of rentals. Buying a house will not be possible in the GTA unless you come with significant savings.
I will be on work visa not with PR ... in that case what will be the difference ?? were to find cheap 1 bedroom in toronto ?? do I need to pay advance amount to stay ??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just want to double check that you have researched the company and it exists. Does your offer letter say anything about extended health benefits? Or any other benefits because that also factors into your salary. It is a very good thing to have but will also be deducted from your salary.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Cheap is relative and depending on the age of your child you may find that people are reluctant to rent you a 1 bedroom. You should look for something somewhat close to your employer so you save on transportation costs. There are multiple transit system in the GTA and you have to pay for each of them. You could also be commuting for hours if you live and work at opposite ends and take public transportation.

May 22, 2018
Just want to double check that you have researched the company and it exists. Does your offer letter say anything about extended health benefits? Or any other benefits because that also factors into your salary. It is a very good thing to have but will also be deducted from your salary.
checked already ... Genuine approach

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just want to clarify that living in Toronto is doable on the income but not to expect that your salary but don't want your expectations to be too high given the high cost of living in Toronto and Canada.