+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stage 2 - Inland Family Sponsorship-Romania

CVotto

Mar 26, 2012
I am Canadian and my husband is from Romania. He was already here on a work permit before we met so we decided to do the Inland application. We sent our application for sponsorship inland in September of 2010. We have recieved the first stage approval and are now waiting for the second stage. On the site is says that it takes 8 months which should be this month but they sent us a letter requesting info on his overseas family members because they couldn't contact them (we gave one address but we didn't know the address had been changed because of adding a new street!). We sent back the requested info the next day to try not to have a delay in the application. The suspense is killing us because the process is so long! Can anybody share with me how long their second approval took? :(

We received your application for permanent residence on October 1, 2010.
We started processing your application on February 1, 2011.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
We sent you a letter on July 14, 2011 about the decision on your application.
We received the requested information on November 22, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Inland Family Sponsorship-Romania

They are working really fast these days, mine took 3 days:

Application Received by CIC Vegreville May 3, 2011
Stage 1 AIP on March 18, 2012
Stage 2 Decision Made on March 21, 2012
Looking forward to landing on April 16, 2012

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think if the papers are complete and you have no dependents inside or outside canada and its a straight forward case, stage 2 should come real fast.

CVotto

Mar 26, 2012
Congrats..that was very fast:) My husband has one dependent child living in Romania. So hopefully we will hear something soon after sending the requested info back to them. We are just getting antsy now because we are so close to finishing.