+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

St. Clair / RQ / Oath Time line 2016 / Court Appeal / 63 months

robw

Mar 10, 2014
forweak said:
I just traveled a lot cause of my job. My passport has full of stamps. Even though all my travel history was reasonably cleared, they never were satisfied.
Can you tell us more please?

For example, what did they say in their first letter to you after RQ?

What was the CJ's objection to your application? What exactly, other than your many travels, was he concerned about? What did you show him to address his concerns (record of movement, insurance records, etc..)?

After St. Clair decided to take the case to federal court, why did they say they were doing that? Did they explain exactly why they disagreed with the CJ?

What logic/reasoning did the CIC lawyer use against you in court?

What were further correspondences between you and the CIC like after the court case?

Many thanks and congratulations on finally getting your citizenship. You very clearly earned it :)

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
forweak said:
I don't know the exact reason of RQ and being appealed to Federal Court.

I applied exactly after more than 1,100 days.

In Federal Court, CIC lawyer just attacked us with very useless logics and fully misunderstood facts.

When we answer one by one correctly based upon facts and reasonability with submitting suitable evidences, Judge in Federal Court agreed us very immediately. It means that they did RQ and appealed without clear reason.
Yesterday I was discussing case of school boards where teachers report " normal children " as " special needs " thereby resulting in recruitment / creation of dedicated Employment for early childhood educators. This also Aids in taking of responsibility for the teacher who is inefficient. What happens next in the school is interesting; the early childhood educator purposely pushes the child to be abnormal despite the kid being normal. All other normal kids make fun of the kid and he suffers Inferiority complex due to this... And the rest of his/ her life is made to think that he is abnormal special needs kids- and speech therapy follows/ with medicines recommended by the doctors- u see a connection of the employment being kept in the name of the kid..

Same is the case with RQs - delays etc it helps to keep the jobs of these government servants!!! So of us on this forum are just unlucky to be picked up and treated as special cases.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Exports said:
Yesterday I was discussing case of school boards where teachers report " normal children " as " special needs " thereby resulting in recruitment / creation of dedicated Employment for early childhood educators. This also Aids in taking of responsibility for the teacher who is inefficient. What happens next in the school is interesting; the early childhood educator purposely pushes the child to be abnormal despite the kid being normal. All other normal kids make fun of the kid and he suffers Inferiority complex due to this... And the rest of his/ her life is made to think that he is abnormal special needs kids- and speech therapy follows/ with medicines recommended by the doctors- u see a connection of the employment being kept in the name of the kid..

Same is the case with RQs - delays etc it helps to keep the jobs of these government servants!!! So of us on this forum are just unlucky to be picked up and treated as special cases.
Probably the special interest groups influences politicians to get sweat heart deals by creating such cases. Which look genuine but the real intention to share the funding at the cost of common citizen.

Governments entices people from around the world to migrate and bring in money with them, dump it in local economy and spend their lives looking for jobs. Initially jobs are denied stating lack of local experience and then left to fend themselves in stagnant economy.

One of the reason, CIC drags long the citizenship process, they does not want people to go out for job and continue slogging here.

If the government create jobs here, why does anybody ever look for job outside. Plus it will ease their dependencies on provinces too.

Omkar

Aug 1, 2009
CONGRATUALTIONS 'forweak' finally you made it.., :)

A small clarification when is your Oath Ceremony at st.Clair on March 29. Mine is at 16:00 (I never heard of a oath ceremony in the evening).

Please let me know your time on oath I am coming from PHX USA ..

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Omkar said:
CONGRATUALTIONS 'forweak' finally you made it.., :)

A small clarification when is your Oath Ceremony at st.Clair on March 29. Mine is at 16:00 (I never heard of a oath ceremony in the evening).

Please let me know your time on oath I am coming from PHX USA ..
Congrats !!!, can you please share your time line to understand the processing timeline for this location.

Omkar

Aug 1, 2009
Hi

Below are by timelines:

Applied on Jan 6 2015
Called for Test on Jun 24 2015 cancelled
Again called for Test on Aug 18 2015 (Query on dates)
Decision made we noticed in Jan 2016
letter sent on Mar 15 th 2016
All are done at Mississauga branch
But Called for oath to Toronto St.Clair office on March 29 2016 , Time 16:00 (usually they call at 10:00 or 13:00 EST)

As i have lot of USA/INDIA travels. by mistake i entered wrong dates which created a mess, so to prove it i had submitted CBSA entry/exit records, I-94, all flight itineraries for 4 yrs and a letter explaining the mistakes in the application.

can some let me know if any one got that type of timing

Thanks
Omkar

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Omkar said:
Hi

Below are by timelines:

Applied on Jan 6 2015
Called for Test on Jun 24 2015 cancelled
Again called for Test on Aug 18 2015 (Query on dates)
Decision made we noticed in Jan 2016
letter sent on Mar 15 th 2016
All are done at Mississauga branch
But Called for oath to Toronto St.Clair office on March 29 2016 , Time 16:00 (usually they call at 10:00 or 13:00 EST)

As i have lot of USA/INDIA travels. by mistake i entered wrong dates which created a mess, so to prove it i had submitted CBSA entry/exit records, I-94, all flight itineraries for 4 yrs and a letter explaining the mistakes in the application.

can some let me know if any one got that type of timing

Thanks
Omkar
Congrats !!!, ;D Wish you all the best.

Till last year, CIC St.Claire location conducted Citizenship Tests ONLY. However, the Oath Ceremonies were held only at Scarborough.

I understand lately St.Clair location used as regional center for "Processing" of non-regular applications from all over Toronto GTA offices.

Candidates from Toronto GTA East and Scarborough are having their Citizenship Tests / Oath ceremonies at CIC, Scarborough location.

If the St.Claire location has re-started conducting Citizenship Test and holding Oath Ceremonies, its really good news as Scarborough location seems to have lot of backlog and became too slow.

Omkar

Aug 1, 2009
Thank You CanadadianDesi2006.., but I highly doubt about the timing as i checked online for this location & it say's Oath ceremony is at 1:00 PM.., (for March 29 2016 date)
it looks like a typing error

website: 'cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx#resultList'

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
I would sue CIC for mental suffering. You must have a serious case of PTSD after that experience. Can you ever relax after 60+ months of that hell? Will you forever be afraid that someone will try to take the citizenship away from you? But good for you for sticking it out and facing down CIC and their lawyers. I wish more people would be like you and not give up at the first sign of resistance.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Omkar said:
Thank You CanadadianDesi2006.., but I highly doubt about the timing as i checked online for this location & it say's Oath ceremony is at 1:00 PM.., (for March 29 2016 date)
it looks like a typing error

website: 'cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx#resultList'
Congrats !!! Thanks, I suggest you clarify it with CIC Call center about the location and time. As I never heard that the St.Claire location conducts the Oath Ceremonies, unless they now started to ease the workload. Still, there is no harm in getting clarification.

In past even the candidates who had Citizenship tests at St.Claire location but had their Oath Ceremonies at CIC Scarborough Only.

Alias

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hi,

I have been invited for Oath on Mar 29 at 4pm at St Clair Office. Test was also at St. Clair office. Normal processing. Had applied in June, 2015 under old rule.

Omkar, we have the same oath date and time.

Thanks,

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Alias said:
Hi,

I have been invited for Oath on Mar 29 at 4pm at St Clair Office. Test was also at St. Clair office. Normal processing. Had applied in June, 2015 under old rule.

Omkar, we have the same oath date and time.

Thanks,
Congrats !!!, Well, its nice to hear that they re-started conducting tests at St.Claire, it will surely help clear lot of work load at Scarborough Offices. Earlier, they used to have tests at St.Claire Offices but it was stopped sometime back.

Thanks for sharing your time line.

Omkar

Aug 1, 2009
Thank you 'Alias'.., now i can come confidently, I was concerned as online it say's 1:00 pm at that location..

Alias

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hi,

Got the oath completed at St. Clair office on Mar 29. Had applied in June, 2015 under the old rule.
Best of luck to everyone waiting for their citizenship.

Thanks,

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
forweak said:
I don't know the exact reason of RQ and being appealed to Federal Court.

I applied exactly after more than 1,100 days.

In Federal Court, CIC lawyer just attacked us with very useless logics and fully misunderstood facts.

When we answer one by one correctly based upon facts and reasonability with submitting suitable evidences, Judge in Federal Court agreed us very immediately. It means that they did RQ and appealed without clear reason.
So frightening! Is admitting to a mistake is out of the question? Obviously that RQ wasn't warranted if the CJ readily agreed with you. Wow. Congratulations!!