+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

St. Clair Office - Transfer RQ Recipients Waiting for Oath

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks, Wanted to start to thread for unfortunate folks like me who are patiently waiting for oath whose files are stuck at famous St. Clair office for review.

Did anyone received oath yet or we are just one of those who are hanging in some sort of limbo!.

I called them this AM after few months, call center person said that file was assigned for someone to review my RQ in Jan. Any experiences/observations how many months or may be years :) St. Clair takes to complete RQ review once an officer is assigned.

Will appreciate any input. My file details are in my Signature below. Cheers.

Bromark

Feb 21, 2015
after test RQ is usually very long. heard that St Clair is cutting staff, not sure if that's true, but this would likely further delay the progress if it is true.

i had before test RQ, and my test was in May 2014, and it took them 6months to approve. however i am still waiting for oath ceremony to be arranged. cic said that could be another 3months minimum wait time.

janoo

May 16, 2014
My file was assigned to the officer November 12, 2014 still no progress.

time spend since applied 39 months no progress...waiting waiting ??

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Honored RQ Applicants,
This thread caught my attention as an applicant who was honored with RQ right after the AOR and the start of processing my application. I have been trying to come up a logic for the process of RQs and I always fail. My question , Why would it take an RQ application at particular office to be processed in less than a year and another RQ application will be proceeded in much more time like yours at the same office? Both application may receive the RQ at similar time and have a very similar conditions, they still have various processing time.
I don’t want to intrude into the details of your application, I’m just curious and I would appreciate your reply. Is there any issue in your applications that took such a long time? Have you responded to all letters for CIC immediately? Was there a lot of back and forth correspondences letter with CIC? Please share with us your experiences.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
I BRING HOPE!

I call CIC 2 weeks ago and was told my file was sent from St. Claire where it has been rotting for 3.5 years to Mississauga my "home office". Never lived there so I wasn't sure why they called it my home office. Anyway a week later I received a letter informing me that my oath would take place in Mississauga next week. If your file has been transferred from St. Claire to Mississauga be optimistic. If it's still sitting there I've got no news for you. My file was transferred early February and my oath letter came mid-march to give you an idea of my "transfer time line".

Time Line:
Applied December 2011
RQ March 2012
Test June 2014
Transferred from St. Claire to Mississauga February 2015
Oath March 2015

Bromark

Feb 21, 2015
I doubt there is any difference in applications which was causing different timeline in each application. They are more or less mood dependent...

One thing I noticed from CIC call centre is that all RQs in Ontario were sent to St Clair office. After approval, they will be sent back to local office for oath ceremony schedule.

Bromark

Feb 21, 2015
@mathlete, congrats!

and that indeed bring good hope to me, though all of our cases may end up differently. My file was transferred to Mississauga early Feb after 35month! I have contacted MP for help; call centre suggested me call back every week to check..

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bromark said:
I doubt there is any difference in applications which was causing different timeline in each application. They are more or less mood dependent...

One thing I noticed from CIC call centre is that all RQs in Ontario were sent to St Clair office. After approval, they will be sent back to local office for oath ceremony schedule.
I'm not sure due to mood dependency a file will take 2 years longer that another one. if all RQ cases are sent to st Clair office, then I can believe the process is arbitrary. there must be a review criteria and there should be reasons for delayed applications ( one of them as stated in the RQ cover letter not responding to RQ within the time frame). I really hope RQ applicants step in and share with us reasons for delay from their own experience. this will help other applicants and establish a sort of a logic. Thanks.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There process is a moving target. They keep changing as needed and all new applicants become the beneficiaries and we (highly honored the old applicants) are put on back burner.
:)

I am very hopeful that I will become a Citizen this year and may be able to vote... I will complete my 6 years of residency this year. In my family - my wife who I sponsored after I moved to Canada is already a Citizen :) .. she pokes fun at me everyday now!.

janoo

May 16, 2014
To day I received a letter stating that my file assigned to officer on 24/11/2014

as to date no news 125 days pass officer review not finish. Overall 39 months pass

since I applied any body have any idea ??? the letter which I receive in response to

my e mail query to case management..

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I applied September 2012 tested on October 2013 and given an RQ a week after the test. So far haven't heard back from CIC. Whenever I call the call center they keep repeating the same answers about the 3 years timeframe. I am unable to get an answer weather my file was assigned to an officer or not.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi Mathlete...

Congratulation God blessing come and your waiting time is over enjoy your future life

and remember us as well , my case and your case almost similar, I have applied

in January 2012. RQ March 2013 replied April 2013 since waiting ..
my file with the officer for review since November 2014.. you know how long the
officer needed to review the file...

await to hear from you.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Obviously I feel your pain. I just read post about someone who applied February 2015 and is already getting their oath in April. My original plan was to withdraw my application when the new rules come into effect and apply with my tax returns. I'll give you my impressions based on ATIP reports and my own experience:

I believe everyone is in their own "queues" based on the assessment/office/date of application and other arbitrary criteria, as you advance through the process you are re-assessed and put into a different queue. The amount of time spent waiting has no bearing on how long the "next step" takes.

Step 1: They look at your Application and decide whether to RQ you or not
Step 2: They look at you RQ and decide whether to set you up for a test or not
Step 3: They look at your test/interview/RQ and decide whether to schedule you for an oath or not

If you have not yet written your test, personally I would 100% withdraw when Bill C25 comes into effect and reapply. After your test you could be asked to submit a CIT response, another RQ, see a judge or best case scenario (like mine) wait another 9 months for an oath date. May as well withdraw and reapply knowing you will get an answer in 12 months.

janoo

May 16, 2014
hi

Thanks for your kind advise, as am 61 year old, I do not need test as per

CIC, need officer to review and proceed further.... my case with the

officer from November 2014.... file pending with CIC January 2012..

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our file is in St Clair since Feb 9th. Ordered ATIP to see where it is sitting in St Clair. Will share ATIP's results first week of April.
Good luck to all of us!!