+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sri Lankan citizen residing in Bahrain applying for 4-year bachelor's study permit

Ibz2000

Feb 1, 2021
I'm a Sri Lankan residing in Bahrain for with my parents and sister who've been here for over 25 years and plan to do so for the foreseeable future. Hence, I have no ties to my home country. Strong ties of family to my residence country. I'm 20, took a gap year after A Levels because of the pandemic and I got into an undergraduate program for 4 years. Will I be rejected because of immigration status in residence country? How do I say parents can easily sponsor a visit visa for me to bahrain after I'm done with my program? Also, does the VO know of middle eastern rules?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
What is your familial status in Bahrain? Will you still have proof of residency in 4 years? How established is your family in Bahrain in terms of businesses, properties etc?

It's usually tough for people applying from a 3rd country in which their status is temporary but that doesn't mean you can't get an approval. It all depends on how you are able to convince the VO handling your case.

Ibz2000

Feb 1, 2021
What is your familial status in Bahrain? Will you still have proof of residency in 4 years? How established is your family in Bahrain in terms of businesses, properties etc?

It's usually tough for people applying from a 3rd country in which their status is temporary but that doesn't mean you can't get an approval. It all depends on how you are able to convince the VO handling your case.
Permits need to be renewed on a yearly basis. Till 2022 I will be dependent under the family visa through my dad. After that, I can visit Bahrain on a visit visa which can be easily obtained online and when I find a job in Bahrain, I will get a work visa.

My parents, sister, brother-in-law (who is an Indian so our middle ground is Bahrain) and 2 year old niece, along with my pet live in the same house. I did my all my schooling here. Universities in Sri Lanka charge international rate of tuition for students who did their high school abroad hence, I want to do my UG in Canada and come back to Bahrain where my family will be for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, we don't have any properties in Bahrain or Sri Lanka :((

It's probably a lost cause but I'm still gonna give it a shot and hope for the best!

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I'm a Sri Lankan residing in Bahrain for with my parents and sister who've been here for over 25 years and plan to do so for the foreseeable future. Hence, I have no ties to my home country. Strong ties of family to my residence country. I'm 20, took a gap year after A Levels because of the pandemic and I got into an undergraduate program for 4 years. Will I be rejected because of immigration status in residence country? How do I say parents can easily sponsor a visit visa for me to bahrain after I'm done with my program? Also, does the VO know of middle eastern rules?
Considering your age it should not really be a problem. Yes, the AUH VO is known for rejections so you have to ensure you provide solid financial backing and a plan of what you wish to do after completing studies. I have seen mostly younger applicants being successful but everyone's mileage varies. So only way to find out is apply. Should there be a rejection, get GCMS notes and see what were the concerns raised and apply again with all corrections.

Reactions: Ibz2000

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are doing a Bachelors from a reputable university you have a very good chance of approval as long as your parents have the funds. If you were doing a college degree it would likely be harder.

Reactions: Ibz2000

Ibz2000

Feb 1, 2021
Considering your age it should not really be a problem. Yes, the AUH VO is known for rejections so you have to ensure you provide solid financial backing and a plan of what you wish to do after completing studies. I have seen mostly younger applicants being successful but everyone's mileage varies. So only way to find out is apply. Should there be a rejection, get GCMS notes and see what were the concerns raised and apply again with all corrections.
Fingers crossed really!!

Ibz2000

Feb 1, 2021
If you are doing a Bachelors from a reputable university you have a very good chance of approval as long as your parents have the funds. If you were doing a college degree it would likely be harder.
Memorial University of Newfoundland is the university!