+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sputum Test wait

Junera

Oct 2, 2023
I did medicals and biometrics on the 3rd of August after submitting my study permit application July 27th for January 2024 intake, but biometrics was updated the next day while medicals something was found in my chest X-ray and I went for Sputum test from 7th to 9th of August to drop samples, and was told the result would be out October 18th, but my problem now is that I haven’t heard from IRCC, I want to know if Sputum test delays reply from IRCC because it was an upfront medical, i have seen lots of people going for January and have gotten reply from IRCC

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I did medicals and biometrics on the 3rd of August after submitting my study permit application July 27th for January 2024 intake, but biometrics was updated the next day while medicals something was found in my chest X-ray and I went for Sputum test from 7th to 9th of August to drop samples, and was told the result would be out October 18th, but my problem now is that I haven’t heard from IRCC, I want to know if Sputum test delays reply from IRCC because it was an upfront medical, i have seen lots of people going for January and have gotten reply from IRCC
Usually you are also asked to do another xray along with the results of sputum, after 3 months of sputum. This is also mentioned in the furtherance letter. Did you repeated that as well?

Junera

Oct 2, 2023
Usually you are also asked to do another xray along with the results of sputum, after 3 months of sputum. This is also mentioned in the furtherance letter. Did you repeated that as well?
Yes! But I want to know if other checks or processes are being carried out on my application, or it’s put on hold till the result, or can someone get denied before the medical result comes out? Well, it would be three months by Nov 3

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes! But I want to know if other checks or processes are being carried out on my application, or it’s put on hold till the result, or can someone get denied before the medical result comes out? Well, it would be three months by Nov 3
Usually medical and other checks goes simultaneously.
For furtherance go for xray on Nov 3 and wait for correspondence from IRCC

AmRF

Aug 13, 2023
Hi Junera, any update on you visa application, my husband was asked to do the same test and his timeline exactly matches to yours for sputum test but there is no response from IRCC on his file yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Junera, any update on you visa application, my husband was asked to do the same test and his timeline exactly matches to yours for sputum test but there is no response from IRCC on his file yet.
Has he repeated his x-ray. It can take over a month to review medical results at times to that can also lead to delays.

AmRF

Aug 13, 2023
Has he repeated his x-ray. It can take over a month to review medical results at times to that can also lead to delays.
Yes - he did. We are in a weird situation, our first visa application was on Oct 30th, 2022, with upfront medicals done in Sep 2022, it got refused in 14 days on November 14th, 2022 with a general reason that your purpose of visit is not consistent. 2nd application was on May 6th, 2023, we didn't get any update or further medical request it got refused in Aug 2023 just 3 days after we got a call from medical center asking to go for Sputum test, though his medical was about to expire we still took the test with an intension to apply again soon but our agent asked to wait for the results to be negative, before getting the test result his medical got expired but that test results and his 2nd x rays came cleared in Oct, 2023, as he didn't have any history of TB. We applied on Nov 6th, 2023 with new medical (our agent asked to go for new medical before applying) explaining our situation with proofs of previous sputum test request, they updated my daughter's medical on Dec 8th and then remove that from her file on Dec 10th, after which there were just 2 gosht updates on my husband's application, last was on Dec 22nd. We are really confused what if they asked to go for new sputum test as the previous one is linked with expired medical IME. Has anyone been in this situation, any suggestion or info could really helpful.

kclene

Jan 9, 2024
Hello, just want to ask for my parents. They applied for Supervisa and completed their upfront medical last week of December 2023. My Dad was asked to do a sputum test which he did in 1st of January 2024. They were told that the result will be released in 8-10 weeks. They do not mind waiting since that's their policy or procedure. But the thing though, my Dad received an email from the IRCC requiring medical information and was given 60 days to comply. The clinic said it's about his sputum test and that the panel physician updated his e-medical file. Should he send an e-mail to the IRCC explaining the wait time? Or should they wait? Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello, just want to ask for my parents. They applied for Supervisa and completed their upfront medical last week of December 2023. My Dad was asked to do a sputum test which he did in 1st of January 2024. They were told that the result will be released in 8-10 weeks. They do not mind waiting since that's their policy or procedure. But the thing though, my Dad received an email from the IRCC requiring medical information and was given 60 days to comply. The clinic said it's about his sputum test and that the panel physician updated his e-medical file. Should he send an e-mail to the IRCC explaining the wait time? Or should they wait? Thank you for your time.
Usually the medical clinic send the results on their own.

Reactions: kclene

kclene

Jan 9, 2024
Usually the medical clinic send the results on their own.
Yes, thank you for your response. Do you know of a case if they will automatically extends the set compliance date (60 days) if the result is still pending? Thank y ou

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes, thank you for your response. Do you know of a case if they will automatically extends the set compliance date (60 days) if the result is still pending? Thank y ou
No they won't extend. It is now the responsibility of medical panel to send since you had already complied.
Has he been asked to do xray after 3 months as well?

Reactions: Kunkka

kclene

Jan 9, 2024
No they won't extend. It is now the responsibility of medical panel to send since you had already complied.
Has he been asked to do xray after 3 months as well?
No. He was only instructed to complete the Sputum Test which he completed. But the result will be available in 9 weeks.