+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPUTUM TEST TIMELINE

Jun 13, 2023
Hi guzz
My Sputum Reports are negative but I am having a little bit throat pain and tomorrow I'm going for my 2 xray.
Can anyone suggest should I go or postpone my appointment for day after tomorrow?

Mercy-en

Oct 19, 2023
My chest xray report says abnormal. I was asked to go for sputum test for smear and culture. After waiting for about 10weeks it came out negative. I got a mail to do post sputum xray. My xray result still come out abnormal. The panel physician has submitted it to IRCC. so I tried to make more enquiry on wat the outcome is, she said IOM has done their part by sending them the result, it's left for IRCC to make the decision. That my sputum test is negative I shouldn't be too worried I shud just pray but am seriously worried. Pls anyone with same status as mine

Mercy-en

Oct 19, 2023
My chest xray report says abnormal. I was asked to go for sputum test for smear and culture. After waiting for about 10weeks it came out negative. I got a mail to do post sputum xray. My xray result still come out abnormal. The panel physician has submitted it to IRCC. so I tried to make more enquiry on wat the outcome is, she said IOM has done their part by sending them the result, it's left for IRCC to make the decision. That my sputum test is negative I shouldn't be too worried I shud just pray but am seriously worried. Pls anyone with same status as mine

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Will I have A medical pass? Am worried
You have to wait for correspondence from IRCC... I can understand it's too stressing but that is the only option..
It will be pass or medical survelliance.
Note that in case of surveillance it initially will show medical pass but you will get medical survelliance letter in your email..

shinestar123

Nov 16, 2023
Sputum reports takes 6-8 weeks, its a good sign (most probably) if you don’t need a second X ray, after 8 weeks if the report is negative most probably they will clear your medical, but depends completely on what is written in your file. Was X ray mentioned in it previously or any other tests except smears and sputum ?
also panel physicians are like that, specially in India, they don’t really explain anything properly !