+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sputnik V

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Recent news - all foreign vaccines not authorized in Canada will need to be done 3 times, so 3 doses of Sputnik and you're good to go lol

My question is.. I personally don't believe in this Sputnik thing and I have living examples of how bad aftermaths of Sputnik are - so when my husband and I arrive, we want to do Pfizer in Canada. Are we going to be okay crossing the border while unvaccinated prior to arrival? Quarantine after arrival?
Where have you seen this requirement?

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Where have you seen this requirement?
https://news.ontario.ca/en/backgrounder/1000806/using-your-vaccination-receipt-frequently-asked-questions

Who is considered fully vaccinated?

An individual is considered fully vaccinated if they have received:

The full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines
One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada
Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada
They received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before providing the proof of being fully vaccinated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
https://news.ontario.ca/en/backgrounder/1000806/using-your-vaccination-receipt-frequently-asked-questions

Who is considered fully vaccinated?

An individual is considered fully vaccinated if they have received:

The full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines
One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada
Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada
They received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before providing the proof of being fully vaccinated.
That is only for Ontario vaccine proof and not for entry into the country. They will still be considered unvaccinated

Reactions: valvlad

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
"Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada" - fully vaccinated... what's that then? :D

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
"Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada" - fully vaccinated... what's that then? :D
Again, this in information by Ontario Health.

Not CBSA for entering into Canada.

This is the info for entering into Canada.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

Vaccines not currently accepted
  • Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
  • Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV)
  • Gamaleya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)
  • Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
  • Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)
  • Other
The list of accepted vaccines may expand in the future.

Isha295

Feb 17, 2022
Recent news - all foreign vaccines not authorized in Canada will need to be done 3 times, so 3 doses of Sputnik and you're good to go lol

My question is.. I personally don't believe in this Sputnik thing and I have living examples of how bad aftermaths of Sputnik are - so when my husband and I arrive, we want to do Pfizer in Canada. Are we going to be okay crossing the border while unvaccinated prior to arrival? Quarantine after arrival?
Hi, I am double vaccinated with Sputnik. Can you share if you were allowed to enter Canada and what did you do to enter - get vaccinated with sputnik for 3rd time or took another vaccine

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Hi, I am double vaccinated with Sputnik. Can you share if you were allowed to enter Canada and what did you do to enter - get vaccinated with sputnik for 3rd time or took another vaccine
We didn't enter Canada yet lol our applicaion is still under eligibility review. So I cannot share my experience, sorry :)
If you're landing with fresh pr, i believe you are ok but still will need to do quarantine.