+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sppusal sponsorship from india to canada ....HELP!!!!!

hvhs01

Jan 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2015
Doc's Request.
nothing yet
Nomination.....
what is this?
AOR Received.
04/22/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
June 2015
Med's Request
re-med requested feb 3rd, 2016
Med's Done....
done upfront
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
April 7th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May
LANDED..........
May 17 2016
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband to come to canada from India. This is an arranged married however my husband and I have been talking to each other for a little under a year before our marriage. The problem is my work only approved for me to go to India for 4 weeks for my wedding. so I spend 2 weeks before the wedding preparing and shopping and I spent 2 weeks with my husband after the wedding unfortunately in those 2 weeks we did not go on a honeymoon however we dI'd have a few nights that we spent at hotels when travelling far from our home.I jave provided phone bills, emails, chat logs and pictures as evidence but even still I'm terrified that CIC will reject my application as I didn't spend alot of time with my husband after marriage. Has anyone had this experience or does anyone have any advice for me ? ..... please help!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Keep collecting proof of contact. The visa officer sometimes asks to see it if there is an interview. If you could go back to visit soon, that might help as well. Keep proof of the visit, and your husband can show them at the interview, if any.

hvhs01

Jan 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2015
Doc's Request.
nothing yet
Nomination.....
what is this?
AOR Received.
04/22/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
June 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
done upfront
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
April 7th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May
LANDED..........
May 17 2016
Hi thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately I can't go back anytime soon as my work won't give me any more time off without quitting my job. My boss also added this on my employee verification letter that I was only approved for 4 weeks. Do you think I should add a letter in my file as well explaining why I we weren't able to go any there and why I had such little time off ? .... judging by your reply I guess you're saying there is a good chance I will be interviewed.

KarimaDaisy

Jan 22, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2013
AOR Received.
December 2013
Med's Request
December 2014
Med's Done....
November 2013
Passport Req..
Waiting... In Process Since August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Insh'Allah
hvhs01 said:
Hi thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately I can't go back anytime soon as my work won't give me any more time off without quitting my job. My boss also added this on my employee verification letter that I was only approved for 4 weeks. Do you think I should add a letter in my file as well explaining why I we weren't able to go any there and why I had such little time off ? .... judging by your reply I guess you're saying there is a good chance I will be interviewed.
Provide all evidence related to your marriage. It lowers the chances of them doubting you and if they have a doubt towards your marriage, they'll ask for an interview.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, I would include the letter from your boss only giving you 4 weeks off.

hvhs01

Jan 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2015
Doc's Request.
nothing yet
Nomination.....
what is this?
AOR Received.
04/22/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
June 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
done upfront
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
April 7th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May
LANDED..........
May 17 2016
KarimaDaisy said:
Provide all evidence related to your marriage. It lowers the chances of them doubting you and if they have a doubt towards your marriage, they'll ask for an interview.
Hi,

So you think if I provide enough proof that our marriage is legitimate then there is a good dance cic won't call us in for an interview ? ... also asside from calling each other we've been talking on whatsapp ... surely they don't expect us to provide them with a years worth of conversations ? how do I prove what's app conversations .... just take screen shots of our ENTIRE conversation?

hvhs01

Jan 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2015
Doc's Request.
nothing yet
Nomination.....
what is this?
AOR Received.
04/22/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
June 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
done upfront
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
April 7th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May
LANDED..........
May 17 2016
canadianwoman said:
Yes, I would include the letter from your boss only giving you 4 weeks off.

Perfect thank you! Also should I include Facebook posts that we've tagged each other in .... for example the day we got engaged our relationship status went to engaged etc etc ... or would cic not deem this as relevent proof. I guess what I'm Trying to show is that we had nothing to hide.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
hvhs01 said:
Hi,

So you think if I provide enough proof that our marriage is legitimate then there is a good dance cic won't call us in for an interview ? ... also asside from calling each other we've been talking on whatsapp ... surely they don't expect us to provide them with a years worth of conversations ? how do I prove what's app conversations .... just take screen shots of our ENTIRE conversation?
Oh yes, they surely will expect all of those conversations and the private ones as well. This is an invasive process so be prepared. My hubby and I had 6.5 years apart (some travels in between) so I created a word document and copied and pasted samples of monthly Skype messages and e-mails for every single month of those 6.5 years. I also had more, so in the cover letter of this "convo" document (which was about 80 pages) I explained my method of doing this so they could see the progression of the relationship, some of the "normal and real" aspects of the relationship, yes - there were some e-mail and skype disagreements included :p and if they wanted more I would be happy to provide them upon request. They never asked for more, we had no interview and we were processed and approved in 8 months from start to finish. Many couples also do send screen shots in exactly the way you indicated above.

If you can cut and paste from whatsapp (I'm old school so I have no idea ;D) just pop it all in a word file with sections. I.e. "The first month we met" and give the month, year and any dates you remember. Not sure about whatsapp but e-mail is all dated so that helped. Yes use Facebook communication/photos etc. CIC sees a lot of this now so it is not going to cause them any grief.

Also if you are being processed via the NDVO, they see these type of situations all of the time so take heart, It is pretty standard in that part of the world, the only difference is that I think there are more male Cdn sponsors that travel to India to marry. Still not a problem though it also happens the other way around. Did you know there is thread for all of the people being processed by the NDVO. I think they have one for 2013 applicants and one for 2014 applicants. If you go back to the main thread they are usually on the front page as they are busy threads and lots of people are processed by that office. So do not worry, I am sure you will be fine. Blessings. Oh I found the links here they are below, hope this helps:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2014-applicants-t180473.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2013-applicants-t132103.53835.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2015-applicants-t262493.45.html