+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse's visitor visa got declined

Decarbon

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
Hi everyone, unfortunately, my wife's visitor visa just got declined the reasons were:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

The plan was for her to visit me for few months then go back to home country. My wife has work at home country which I listed in the application information.. Not sure why the officer was not convinced.. any ideas?

Moving forward..
I obviously still want her to visit me here, would a Spouse Open Work Permit have more chance for approval?

I will be eligible to apply for CEC PR around this May-June and I'm planning to add her to the application as a Spouse, but giving its paused and it takes a lot of time to process I wanted her to come in the near future for the a visit.

What would you guys suggest from your experience?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, unfortunately, my wife's visitor visa just got declined the reasons were:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

The plan was for her to visit me for few months then go back to home country. My wife has work at home country which I listed in the application information.. Not sure why the officer was not convinced.. any ideas?

Moving forward..
I obviously still want her to visit me here, would a Spouse Open Work Permit have more chance for approval?

I will be eligible to apply for CEC PR around this May-June and I'm planning to add her to the application as a Spouse, but giving its paused and it takes a lot of time to process I wanted her to come in the near future for the a visit.

What would you guys suggest from your experience?

Thanks.
What ties to her home country did your wife include in her application? How long a trip did she request? Does she have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK?

Decarbon

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
What ties to her home country did your wife include in her application? How long a trip did she request? Does she have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK?
She's employed in her home country, her parents and siblings are all in the home country too except for one sibling studying in Canada. She requested 1 month visit.

She only has a visa to Cyprus.

Would spouse open work permit be the best approach to my case, or would the same issues come up and lead into another refusal?

Another question if u can answer it, if I apply for SOWP for her, can I still include her to my PR application? if yes, what would happen to the other application if one gets accepted?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She's employed in her home country, her parents and siblings are all in the home country too except for one sibling studying in Canada. She requested 1 month visit.

She only has a visa to Cyprus.

Would spouse open work permit be the best approach to my case, or would the same issues come up and lead into another refusal?

Another question if u can answer it, if I apply for SOWP for her, can I still include her to my PR application? if yes, what would happen to the other application if one gets accepted?
Yes SOWP would be better if you qualify but processing will be longer. No issue applying for PR with an SOWP application or approved SOWP.

Reactions: Decarbon

Decarbon

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
Yes SOWP would be better if you qualify but processing will be longer. No issue applying for PR with an SOWP application or approved SOWP.
Thank you so much.

I have one more question. Can she apply for Study Permit AND SOWP at the same time to maximize the chances? If yes, what would happen if she gets accepted in both? what would her status in Canada be?

Thanks

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much.

I have one more question. Can she apply for Study Permit AND SOWP at the same time to maximize the chances? If yes, what would happen if she gets accepted in both? what her status in Canada would be?

Thanks
She can, but I'm not sure that would maximize her chances. It may in fact have the opposite impact. Might make it look like she's just trying to find any way to enter Canada.

I would pick one. I would not apply for both.

• Sad
Reactions: YVR123 and Decarbon