+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse's relative in Canada

snaravane

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Team,

My wife is the primary applicant. She does not have any family member in Canada. However, I do. My Uncle (Mom's real brother) and his family lives and Canada and are now Canadian citizens.

In our EE profile, I mentioned that I do not have any relatives in Canada. I've got an ITA now. Should I change my answer? Will it cause any trouble?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You can, if anything it will give you more fsw points.

snaravane

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
kryt0n said:
You can, if anything it will give you more fsw points.
Based on the calculator we have 79/100:
Language (CLB 10) - 28
Education (MBA) - 23
Foreign Work Ex in mentioned NOC code (3 years) - 11
Age (33 years) - 12
Arranged employment - 0
Adaptability (My IELTS score) - 5

I don't mind getting 5 points extra. What documents would I be needing? Uncle's PR Card/Canadian passport and Mom and His birth certificates?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Purpose

To validate a claim of, and award points associated with, having a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident

Document requirements

This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.
Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a parent, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents).
Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snaravane said:
Based on the calculator we have 79/100:
Language (CLB 10) - 28
Education (MBA) - 23
Foreign Work Ex in mentioned NOC code (3 years) - 11
Age (33 years) - 12
Arranged employment - 0
Adaptability (My IELTS score) - 5

I don't mind getting 5 points extra. What documents would I be needing? Uncle's PR Card/Canadian passport and Mom and His birth certificates?
5 extra points will not benefit you as you are above 67 which are required to qualify. So follow your EE profile.

ritej gaba

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Please help
I have created my EE profile
And mentioned that i have a relative in canada. Actually that relative is my wife's aunt, not mine.
And i have not included my wife in my EE profile, because i lose 5 points if i add my wife in my profile.
What shud i do??