+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse's partner's world income

wanghu

Aug 27, 2012
I got a mail from CRA asking me my wife's world income in 2012 for my GST/HSTC calculating for July 2013 to April 2014.
My wife became immigrant last September, and before that she was international student in Canada, so actually no income last year.
I want to know what i should send to CRA? any download form or just write a mail let them know my wife have no income?
thanks for any help

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
I also received this leter from CRA. So you just literally have to write a letter to them stating any world income before coming to Canada???

richc3

Sep 20, 2013
So I had this issue myself, but for 2014 year. Just wanted to let you guys know that you only have to send in a written answer (be sure to sign/date) to the corresponding tax centre and you do not have to complete any particular forms unless it specifies.

iconabhi

Oct 25, 2014
richc3 said:
So I had this issue myself, but for 2014 year. Just wanted to let you guys know that you only have to send in a written answer (be sure to sign/date) to the corresponding tax centre and you do not have to complete any particular forms unless it specifies.
Hi richc3,

Is there any other details that one needs to provide ? How would CRA attach the mail to one's application ?

vinhnguyen

Oct 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 29 2015
File Transfer...
Nov-24-2015-On process: Nov-24-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
received
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
iconabhi said:
Hi richc3,

Is there any other details that one needs to provide ? How would CRA attach the mail to one's application ?
Hello,

In the letter from CRA, there should be the file number or reference to your case.
Write it on the top, so they know how to access to your file.