+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse's open work permit - Delay

uhwt

Jun 29, 2022
Hi,

I did sponsorship inland with my wife, and we asked for an open work permit. When we look the processing time on the website, we are 3 weeks later than what it shows.

I'm looking for someone in a similar situation, or even better, an advice

We are based in Montreal, we recently went to the bureau of deputee to seek for help. From what I understand a lawyer can write a letter to IRCC, but the process could be quite expensive.

I didn't send any webform, I want to be sure of my shot before sending one if I need too. Even, how can they see it quickly?

Still seeking for an idea to make the things change

Thank you, and best of luck for you too

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I did sponsorship inland with my wife, and we asked for an open work permit. When we look the processing time on the website, we are 3 weeks later than what it shows.

I'm looking for someone in a similar situation, or even better, an advice

We are based in Montreal, we recently went to the bureau of deputee to seek for help. From what I understand a lawyer can write a letter to IRCC, but the process could be quite expensive.

I didn't send any webform, I want to be sure of my shot before sending one if I need too. Even, how can they see it quickly?

Still seeking for an idea to make the things change

Thank you, and best of luck for you too
When did you submit the inland spousal sponsorship application? Did you wait to receive AOR before applying for the work permit?