+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse's Open Work Permit Approved but Kid's TRV is pending

Shadow Prince

Feb 28, 2019
Hello,

I am currently studying in Canada and as such applied for an Open work permit for my spouse and a TRV for my Kid who are currently in India. Although, both their visas were applied online at the same time, my Spouse got her OWP approved in 45 days while we are still waiting on my Kid's TRV and it has been 50 days now. Should I be worried? How good a chance that my kid will get her visa? Are there cases where parent's visas were approved but the kid's visa was refused?

Other things to note with respect to my case are,

1. Both their visas were rejected the first time due to lack of appropriate documents and I had to reapply.
2. I have already raised a case-specific request asking if they are waiting on any specific document, but, I haven't heard from them yet.
3. On the website, CIC indicates the processing time as 2 weeks for a TRV applied from India. So, it has already crossed the suggested timeline.
4. I have also called the CIC toll free number and it never connects to an operator but gives a different processing time i.e. 80 days for TRV

Any suggestion is much appreciated. Thank you very much.