+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse_processing_Singapore

russell_rulez

Jan 28, 2010
Hi:

I sent my package to CPC-M on Oct 14th 2009 and received approval letter on Nov 1, 2009. Singapore started processing the application on November 9, 2009.

Does anyone have idea how long it may take in Singapore. The website shows time ranging from 5-14 months. I spoke to some of my friends and everyone's application was processed within 4-6 months period. All of them were processed in 2009. So I am not sure about the time line posted in Singapore and actual time that it takes to process application.

Any information would help as I am becoming anxious about the 14 month waiting period.

durianfruit604

Star Member
Jan 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-12-2009
Med's Done....
09-11-2009
Russell, have you checked E-CAS about your spouse's status lately? I am also sponsoring my spouse through Singapore. CIC-Singapore received the application on december 30th,2009. I'm still waiting...let the waiting game begin...

russell_rulez

Jan 28, 2010
Yes..I did quite often..It shows In Process only. My friends told me that the status won't change until the visa is issued. I guess we just have to wait......

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think it will take no more than 6-8 months. Please post any updates. I am also in process to apply for my spouse. Have you taken any lawyer's help?

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Hi All,

As I dealt with CHC-Singapore for my spouse's PR, I just wanted to share my experience. E-cas will show the message We have started processing your application from XXXX. Then after couple of months it will show the message Medical results have been received. It will stay like this until the visa is stamped on visa.

Most of you are right that it says the timeline is 5-14 months however, it takes 4-6 months. This actually depends on nationality and case type. If it is a straight forward case you can expect the outcome within 4 months of your application at Singapore (excluding CPC-M's 1 month).

My another observation is that, if they need additional information about your case they will contact you at the initial stage of the process. For this reason, long waiting and no response is a good sign.

I know waiting hurts bad. However, there is no alternative to this. You may order CAIPS note just to see Visa officer's notes about your file.

In addition, go to www.trackitt.com

This site is good to get idea about processing times of different visa offices including Singapore. You can also add your timeline.

I wish you all good luck.

Thanks.

angel286

Feb 3, 2010
I am a Singapore PR and an Indian Citizen and my husband is a Canadian.

My timeline is as follows:

CPC-M received our application on 23rd oct, 2009 (With medical certificate)
The started processing on 9th Nov, 2009 and approved it on the same day
My file was received by CHC Singapore on the 18th of Nov, 2009.
Submitted PCC on 1st Dec, 2009.
Received email from CHC Singapore that they received the PCC on 8th Dec, 2009 with case file number.

Since then its been a long wait. Ecas just states Application in Process..
Wonder when the ordeal will end...
:(

fruittropics

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14 October 2009
File Transfer...
27 October 2009
Passport Req..
16 March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
24 March 2010
LANDED..........
10 April 2010
I am a Singaporean and have also sent to CPC-M on 23 Sep 2009 and received sponsor approval letter on 14 Oct 2009.
I checked eCas and it said Singapore has started processing the application on 29 Oct 2009. Medical results received.

Since then I have received no news. I am visiting my husband right now in canada but trying to time it right and return to sg hoping to receive the letter so I can get my PCC.
I was under the impression that it should not take longer than 4 months because some of my friends who have complicated cases like previously divorced and kids got theirs just recently and it took only 3 months to process the PR. Before I submitted the earliest timeline was 4 months but it has now changed to 5 months.

I hear from many that the timeline has increased and is taking longer now to processed. I wonder how true this is and it is causing me to be even more anxious.

Mostly I'm worried if any of the letters get lost in transit and I do not know about it. 1 March 2010 would be 4 months from the start of my processing I hope to get some news by then if not sooner.

angel286

Feb 3, 2010
@fruittropics
Yes, The office is above Outram Park MRT.The main head quarters for Police. Get it done soon, coz it takes 2 weeks for them to issue the PCC.

Just the sponsorship letter is fine to start processing the PCC.

Cheers.

zain

Sep 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Angel286

Singapore office started processing my application on 12 November 2009. I was under the impression that they will issue me an immigration letter for PCC submission.

But ur saying sponsorship letter should be sufficient. Is this ur personal experience? And did you send it to them separately?

And also someone told me that Singapore office will request for PCC themselves...Please advise..thanks

Cheers,
Zain

angel286

Feb 3, 2010
Hi Zain,

Yes, its my personal experience.

Here is my timeline if it helps:

1) My husband filed for my PR at CPC-M on 23rd Oct, 2009
2) Our case started processing on 9th Nov, 2009 and they made a decision on 9th Nov itself. My husband got the sponsorship letter on 12th Nov. He faxed it to me immediately.
3) Ecas states that Singapore started processing my application on the 18th of November.

When I got the copy of the sponsorship letter, I went to CNCC at Singapore, filled the forms requested and showed them the faxed copy of the sponsorship letter.

They accepted it and started processing my Police Clearance Certificate.
Since I am an Indian, I also had to get it done from the Indian Embassy in Singapore.

Indian Embassy took 3 days. Singapore CNCC took 14 days. I emailed the canadian embassy asking the process to submit the PCC. I didnt receive any reply from them on that. So what I did was just register post the PCC and a copy of the sponsorship letter on 1st Dec, 2009.

Since it was a registered post, they had to reply back which they did. I got an email reply from them on 8th Dec stating that they have received the PCC and its on my file.

Today my Ecas status changed to medical results received.

I hope and wish to believe that I have reached the near end of my waiting time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

zain

Sep 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
really appreciate your help..and detailed explanation..all the best and good luck to u..

i'll go tomorrow to cncc with the sponsorship letter and see how it goes... :)

fruittropics

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14 October 2009
File Transfer...
27 October 2009
Passport Req..
16 March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
24 March 2010
LANDED..........
10 April 2010
OMG!! Congrats Angel! Update us how long it takes to get your passport back and everything!! So happy for you!
I will go to CNCC as soon as I touch down in singapore next week. You got yours so much faster!! My application is still in process and no news and it started 29 October 2009. :(

angel286

Feb 3, 2010
@fruittropics.
Yours will be done soon.. You know I feel the embassy guys don't reply or write to us about whats expected from us. We are just left to assume and err. Luckily I erred on the right side. Am sure when you reach Singapore there would be a letter for you asking for your police clearance etc. All the best... Will be going to the embassy on the 17th. They have sent me a letter which states that for people residing in Singapore the process shouldnt take more than 2-3 days since we can go and collect the passport in person.
Lets see how long it takes. Will keep you updated.

Cheers.

fruittropics

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14 October 2009
File Transfer...
27 October 2009
Passport Req..
16 March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
24 March 2010
LANDED..........
10 April 2010
Thanks for the info. Knowing that it will take no more than 2-3 days to get your passport back is a relief. I'm in Singapore now and I went to get my CNCC done yesterday with the sponsorship approval letter. It'll be ready on 3 March. I am soo blessed to have met you Angel and for your wonderful info on the CNCC. Cannot wait to send cncc to them and to hear from the embassy! ;DIf they have not forgotten me. I hope you get your passport very soon! Are you going to land immediately?? I'm in the midst of looking out for cheap flights too. :D :p