+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse work visa

Navdeep23

Sep 12, 2018
Hi there
I am international student in Canada and my husband and son are also with me now my study is going to be finish in July and my lawyer said I need to get node B job like manager or supervisor to extend visa of both my husband and son. I am little worried to find this position, I want to confirm is it right that we need to get management positions for extending visa of husband and son

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You must have a job that is NOC A, B or 0 skill level in order for your husband to be able to extend his spousal open work permit. When he applies to extend the SOWP, you must include proof that you have a job that meets these requirements and also demonstrate that you are working in that job by providing three pay slips.

If you do not have a job that meets these requirements by the time your husband's SOWP is set to expire, he will have to apply to change his status to visitor and stop working. You can apply to extend your son's visitor visa without having a qualifying job.

Reactions: vubq123

arvindman

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Hi Navdeep,you just mentioned that you are with spouse and son, sorry to bother you but i need to know what kind of visa are they at? And did you all went together or separately? How long is your study duration?

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
You must have a job that is NOC A, B or 0 skill level in order for your husband to be able to extend his spousal open work permit. When he applies to extend the SOWP, you must include proof that you have a job that meets these requirements and also demonstrate that you are working in that job by providing three pay slips.

If you do not have a job that meets these requirements by the time your husband's SOWP is set to expire, he will have to apply to change his status to visitor and stop working. You can apply to extend your son's visitor visa without having a qualifying job.
Hello,

I am applying an extension for my spousal open work permit. I have some confusion so it would be really appreciated if you can advise:
1. Does the Job in NOC A, B or O need to be a full-time position? Because I have been working in NOC B part-time for a while so I already have 3 pays slip in hand.
2. When I answer all questions, the checklist does not show any column to upload my employment letter and pay slip.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I am applying an extension for my spousal open work permit. I have some confusion so it would be really appreciated if you can advise:
1. Does the Job in NOC A, B or O need to be a full-time position? Because I have been working in NOC B part-time for a while so I already have 3 pays slip in hand.
2. When I answer all questions, the checklist does not show any column to upload my employment letter and pay slip.
It can be part-time. Do you have PGWP?

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
It can be part-time. Do you have PGWP?
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I do have PGWP. so I'm applying a visitor visa for myself (the old one is going to expire 31 July) and applying OWP extension for my spouse (her current OWP is expired 31 July) at the same time.

Just one more question, my spouse visitor visa is valid for 10 years, till 2025. So when she gets the OWP extension, we do not need to apply for her visitor visa anymore. Am I correct?

Many thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I do have PGWP. so I'm applying a visitor visa for myself (the old one is going to expire 31 July) and applying OWP extension for my spouse (her current OWP is expired 31 July) at the same time.

Just one more question, my spouse visitor visa is valid for 10 years, till 2025. So when she gets the OWP extension, we do not need to apply for her visitor visa anymore. Am I correct?

Many thanks.
You may want to consider flagpoling at a border for your spouse. Yes assume TRV continues to be good for the 10 years but you may want to confirm to be 100% sure. You could send a webform request since it’s easier and nice to have things in writing.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
You may want to consider flagpoling at a border for your spouse. Yes assume TRV continues to be good for the 10 years but you may want to confirm to be 100% sure. You could send a webform request since it’s easier and nice to have things in writing.
Thank you.
just wonder why do you suggest flapping for my spouse? we always have status in Canada. Her OWP is still valid until 31 July. And I am about to apply OWP extension for her shortly. Even though the processing time may be long, we still remain status legally, don't we?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you.
just wonder why do you suggest flapping for my spouse? we always have status in Canada. Her OWP is still valid until 31 July. And I am about to apply OWP extension for her shortly. Even though the processing time may be long, we

I prefer getting things sorted out as soon as possible for piece of mind.