+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Work Permit refusal

Meej

Nov 23, 2023
Hello Everyone, This is for my brother. He applied for his PGWP a few months ago and added his wife as a co-applicant(to do work permit extension). His wife is here in Canada with him on an open work permit(she came on an open work permit when he was a student). Today, he was notified that his wife's work permit extension is refused. Her WP expires on Dec 31st 2023. Has anyone been in this situation in the past or know what we have to do now? I appreciate any help you can provide.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone, This is for my brother. He applied for his PGWP a few months ago and added his wife as a co-applicant(to do work permit extension). His wife is here in Canada with him on an open work permit(she came on an open work permit when he was a student). Today, he was notified that his wife's work permit extension is refused. Her WP expires on Dec 31st 2023. Has anyone been in this situation in the past or know what we have to do now? I appreciate any help you can provide.
Did he include proof that he was working and proof of pay stubs?

Meej

Nov 23, 2023
Did he include proof that he was working and proof of pay stubs?
No, he didn't attach anything. Since he was applying for PGWP he thought that he don't have to show any proof. Also, he is working as a cook at a fast-food restaurant now full time. Can he re-apply with attaching the job proof documents and paystubs?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, he didn't attach anything. Since he was applying for PGWP he thought that he don't have to show any proof. Also, he is working as a cook at a fast-food restaurant now full time. Can he re-apply with attaching the job proof documents and paystubs?
He needs to show that he has a job with job letter and paystubs. So reapply.

Reactions: Meej

HUFFEL0629

Feb 8, 2024
Hi, I have the same case as your brothers. I am applying for PGWP and my husband is on SOWP. They refused his application, they need my proof of employment as support. When I applied I use my ircc account, my question is do I need to create an account for my husband’s reapplication?

Meej

Nov 23, 2023
So my brother re-applied with the help of an immigration consultant. He didn't want to take chances. I also recommend you to re-apply with the help of a consultant .Since he used a consultant we are not sure whether he created a new account or not.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So my brother re-applied with the help of an immigration consultant. He didn't want to take chances. I also recommend you to re-apply with the help of a consultant .Since he used a consultant we are not sure whether he created a new account or not.
Congrats on the approval.

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
He needs to show that he has a job with job letter and paystubs. So reapply.
Does the PGWP should have job in 0,1,2, 3 category (like in the past 0,A,B category)

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
Did ur brother get approved?