+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse work permit help

Phantom19

Mar 2, 2015
Hello

I applied for a study permit for myself and an open work permit for my spouse in same application. Today I received a correspondence letter indicating that my spouse open work permit application has been refused. and as reason they said: "Accompanying dependant of refused principal applicant"

I do not know why. I did everything right, I obtained letter of acceptance from designated school in Canada. I gave every documents they asked. Besides my application is still open.
What should I do?
Can anyone please help.
Your answers are much appreciated.

Thank you

Babies0625

Feb 4, 2015
Calgary
Phantom19 said:
Hello

I applied for a study permit for myself and an open work permit for my spouse in same application. Today I received a correspondence letter indicating that my spouse open work permit application has been refused. and as reason they said: "Accompanying dependant of refused principal applicant"

I do not know why. I did everything right, I obtained letter of acceptance from designated school in Canada. I gave every documents they asked. Besides my application is still open.
What should I do?
Can anyone please help.

Thank you
Hello, sorry to hear but basing on the reason, it points that you as principal applicant is also refused. Try to call & ask. Was this done by paper or online?

Phantom19

Mar 2, 2015
Thanks for your quick response

It was done online.
there was 2 application number, one for the study permit and the other for the work permit.
on the correspondence letter only my spouse was mentioned along with his application number. when i checked online, my application for study permit is still open while the work permit application was closed.
The refusal letter was addressed to my spouse, so how can you be sure?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Phantom19 said:
Hello

What should I do?
Can anyone please help.

Thank you

It sounds pretty straight forward and you will probably be refused as well. Sometimes the online checklists do not match up with the requirements for the particular VO that will process your application. For example the Jamaica VO requires a police record for the processing of work permits but the online checklist did no mention this at all. I don't think you can do anything but wait and see what the result of your application is. What was the timeline from submission to refusal?

Babies0625

Feb 4, 2015
Calgary
Phantom19 said:
Thanks for your quick response

It was done online.
there was 2 application number, one for the study permit and the other for the work permit.
on the correspondence letter only my spouse was mentioned along with his application number. when i checked online, my application for study permit is still open while the work permit application was closed.
The refusal letter was addressed to my spouse, so how can you be sure?
You're welcome. How come there 2 application numbers? Just wait & hope that your study permit will still be approved.