+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Work Permit Extension (NOC 0AB Requirements)

ggv13

Nov 29, 2019
Hi,

My husband is applying for spouse OWP extension as I am holding a PGWP now and his OWP is about to expire. I got an employment letter from my Canadian employer but they did not indicate my NOC Code. My questions are:
1. They copied 4 bullets (out of 6) of job duties from the NOC website. Is this okay or will be a red flag? Should I ask them to paraphrase it?
2. Should we mention the specific NOC code number or just the NOC 0 A or B?
3. If yes, where should we mention it if it is not in the employment letter?

Please help us, his permit will expire this March.
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. Copying the NOC word for word is a red flag and may lead to refusal.
2 NOC number.
3. Employment letter

You also need three payslips.

Imran Humayun

Sep 2, 2016
Hi,

My husband is applying for spouse OWP extension as I am holding a PGWP now and his OWP is about to expire. I got an employment letter from my Canadian employer but they did not indicate my NOC Code. My questions are:
1. They copied 4 bullets (out of 6) of job duties from the NOC website. Is this okay or will be a red flag? Should I ask them to paraphrase it?
2. Should we mention the specific NOC code number or just the NOC 0 A or B?
3. If yes, where should we mention it if it is not in the employment letter?

Please help us, his permit will expire this March.
Thank you
Having NOC code on an employment verification letter is not mandatory. But Responsibilities and duties are a must, from there they will judge under what Category your skilled job falls. its ok if they have mentioned few bullet points, as long as they are similar in nature to those job responsibilities as mentioned on IRCC NOC. They should not copy whole bullet points as it is from IRCC website, but if it is normal practice for them then I think you should be fine. Unless you copy it by yourself.