+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Work Experience

sujogeorge2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
I gave yes for work history for spouse(dependant) and submitted the work experience ( non Canadian experience) documents and did not provide any reference letters for spouse. Will this affect the application?

nandu23

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hello All,

I got an invitation recently to apply for PR.
While creating a profile I didn't include my spouse's job experience as I had enough points. (BCPNP pick)
I did not claim points for his experience

Now when I fill the application I need to update last 10 years history my husband.
Do I need to add his experience in the work section or just in personal information?

Will this look like misrepresentation ?

Thanks

Reactions: Tanzina022

Tanzina022

Oct 20, 2020
Do you claim points for her work experience?? If so, you have to submit her reference letters... If not, you don't have to mention it in her Work History section but only in Personal History.

I was in the same situation (I didn't claim points for her experience) and so I only put it in Personal History and have my PR already with no trouble...
I cannot find any place in the personal history section where I can mention work experience. Can you pls help?

mashkoor27

Jul 13, 2020
Hi All,
Need help for below queries.( Post ITA)
1) I have 10+ years of work experience with around 5 years each with 2 companies. From my previous employer (1st company) ,I was able to get only one work experience letter with last location and last designation mentioned , whereas I worked for two designations and at two locations ( both in India) but with same noc and same roles and responsibilities for that company .In my work history I mentioned the last designation and last location only. Is that ok ? Do i need to mention complete details in personal history? Or do I need to provide any explanation?
2) My spouse, secondary applicant , is in same situation ,just that she had work experience of 10 years with only 1 company and was deputed outside India couple of times. Do I need to mention her complete work experience details in personal history or provide LOE ?
Note:- All her work experience is foreign ,so will not get any points for that. I am mentioning her work experience details just because she worked ,so don't want to mention "NO" for the work experience question as that will be false as per my understanding.
Thanks in advance