+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Work Experience

nsrind

Sep 11, 2018
Yes, that's exactly what I did :) Everything went well for us, no worries at all...
Hello Anford and senior members on this forum

I would seek your help to get more clarity in this regard.
I received my ITA on 5th Sep draw and I have already mentioned my spouse's work experience (non-canadian) in EE profile.
At this stage what would be the right option to proceed forward as I am unable to arrange work reference letters for my spouse.
  1. Decline invitation - Edit my EE profile with spouse experience as NO - Wait for next ITA & then show the work experience in my spouse's personal history
  2. Edit the Permanent Residency application - Retain/ show experience in personal history and in parallel Remove it from work history section (need to check if system allows to do that)

Kindly let me know which approach would be acceptable to the CIC? as i don't want to misrepresent any facts

Reactions: Nouvel Espoir

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC

I received my ITA on 5th Sep draw and I have already mentioned my spouse's work experience (non-canadian) in EE profile.
At this stage what would be the right option to proceed forward as I am unable to arrange work reference letters for my spouse.
  1. Decline invitation - Edit my EE profile with spouse experience as NO - Wait for next ITA & then show the work experience in my spouse's personal history
  2. Edit the Permanent Residency application - Retain/ show experience in personal history and in parallel Remove it from work history section (need to check if system allows to do that)

Kindly let me know which approach would be acceptable to the CIC? as i don't want to misrepresent any facts
Do "number 2" unless it effects your total points which would go below cutoff score in case you remove your spouse's work experience. Then just mention it in LOE (letter of explanation) and say that you removed it just because you were unable to obtain her work reference letters.

How many points do you have with her experience?
How many points do you have without her experience?

nsrind

Sep 11, 2018
Do "number 2" unless it effects your total points which would go below cutoff score in case you remove your spouse's work experience. Then just mention it in LOE (letter of explanation) and say that you removed it just because you were unable to obtain her work reference letters.

How many points do you have with her experience?
How many points do you have without her experience?
Thank you Anford for the quick response

I have got 450 points in both cases as there were no points for accompanying spouse non Canadian work experience

In LOE - I would mention I am unable to arrange work experience letter
Do I also need to mention that I haven’t received any points of spouse work experience or would they recalculate themselves??

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Thank you Anford for the quick response

I have got 450 points in both cases as there were no points for accompanying spouse non Canadian work experience

In LOE - I would mention I am unable to arrange work experience letter
Do I also need to mention that I haven’t received any points of spouse work experience or would they recalculate themselves??
No need to mention that... they know exactly how many points you have. Just mention that you are unabe to arrange work experiece letters.

Don't worry, this is not even an issue :)

am_gill

Mar 21, 2018
Do you claim points for her work experience?? If so, you have to submit her reference letters... If not, you don't have to mention it in her Work History section but only in Personal History.

I was in the same situation (I didn't claim points for her experience) and so I only put it in Personal History and have my PR already with no trouble...
HI,
We are i the same fix...wanting to remove work history of spouse and mentioning it in personal history coz claimimng no points fr it. But when deleting her work history, the WORK HISTORY tab still stays there and shows up as incomplete,,,,,,is that OK??

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
HI,
We are i the same fix...wanting to remove work history of spouse and mentioning it in personal history coz claimimng no points fr it. But when deleting her work history, the WORK HISTORY tab still stays there and shows up as incomplete,,,,,,is that OK??
To be honest, I don't remember anymore but maybe CIC have changed it in MyCIC? They do changes quite often... I suggest you to create a new thread and ask somebody who is currently doing their application :)

praveenuva

Oct 16, 2018
Hello All,

Please throw some light on below query.

1. Will there be any problem, If I select NO in work history of spouse and having multiple middle east work visa stamped in passport? will that be a problem while submitting travel history?
2. My EE profile created by consultancy with all work experience mentioned under Spouse work history. I wanted to move under "Personal History", but consultant say there is no such personal history section/option available, will that be enabled only after ITA? (I'm expecting ITA soon).

praveenuva

Oct 16, 2018

Wanted to have some clarity, "personal history" will be enabled only after ITA? Cant we change before ITA, by editing your profile, my EE profile created by consultant and I have no clarity on the fields.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wanted to have some clarity, "personal history" will be enabled only after ITA? Cant we change before ITA, by editing your profile, my EE profile created by consultant and I have no clarity on the fields.
The personal history section appears only after receiving your ITA.

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
Hello everyone, I’m filling the post ITA application to get my document check list.
If I put down work history for my spouse in the personal activities section, will i need to bring documents for each and work experience ?

Vaani kaur

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Do you claim points for her work experience?? If so, you have to submit her reference letters... If not, you don't have to mention it in her Work History section but only in Personal History.

I was in the same situation (I didn't claim points for her experience) and so I only put it in Personal History and have my PR already with no trouble...
Hi,
Just the reference letters for previous jobs or pay stubs too? I do not have any pay stubs for them, they were on cash.

Can you also tell me the difference between reference letters and letter of employment?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Include spouse's foreign experience in person history section only. You don't need to provide any letters/documents for such experience. It does not matter if you included it in the EE profile or not.

Vaani kaur

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Include spouse's foreign experience in person history section only. You don't need to provide any letters/documents for such experience. It does not matter if you included it in the EE profile or not.
Thank you for the quick response.
He has done his 12th but never attend the school. Is it come under none or less than higher or secondary school graduation?