+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Work Experience

panga005

Aug 7, 2017
Hi ,

During Pre-ITA phase, we reported my spouse's non-canadian work experience in the express entry profile.
We didn't get any points for spouse work experience in the draw.

After receiving ITA, we now have a personal history section to report the non-canadian work experience.
We are planning to remove the non-canadian work experience from the "Work History" section and move it to
"Personal History" section. This would avoid the requirements to fetch the work experience letters from spouse's employers.

Can we do this ???

sadiyarehman

Jun 19, 2018
Hi,
Opening this thread after almost an year. It would be kind of you to respond.

You have confirmed one situation above.
another could be that that secondary's foreign work experience is not mentioned in Pre ITA phase and Post ITA - the work ex is mentioned in the personal history. Would this also be correct then? I have been told by many that this is a more appropriate approach than the one above?

Regards

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi,
Opening this thread after almost an year. It would be kind of you to respond.

You have confirmed one situation above.
another could be that that secondary's foreign work experience is not mentioned in Pre ITA phase and Post ITA - the work ex is mentioned in the personal history. Would this also be correct then? I have been told by many that this is a more appropriate approach than the one above?

Regards
yes

sumitgupta

Jun 27, 2018
Hi ,

During Pre-ITA phase, we reported my spouse's non-canadian work experience in the express entry profile.
We didn't get any points for spouse work experience in the draw.

After receiving ITA, we now have a personal history section to report the non-canadian work experience.
We are planning to remove the non-canadian work experience from the "Work History" section and move it to
"Personal History" section. This would avoid the requirements to fetch the work experience letters from spouse's employers.

Can we do this ???
I am in similar kind of situation. Please confirm if I should remove work experience for spouse details. And keep them in personal history.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
I am in similar kind of situation. Please confirm if I should remove work experience for spouse details. And keep them in personal history.
Yes.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi
But If we have her experience letters, it is not harm to attach it right??

In my case also she has non canada experience.

Attaching her paperwork is pointless. It adds no value to your application. It's like adding more work for the officer to review. He will be forced to verify them and it will only cause more delays in the processing of your application.

I would recommend you to only provide paper work that is necessary.

AG1985

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Attaching her paperwork is pointless. It adds no value to your application. It's like adding more work for the officer to review. He will be forced to verify them and it will only cause more delays in the processing of your application.

I would recommend you to only provide paper work that is necessary.
So, what should I do to remove it? can i keep it blank?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
So, what should I do to remove it? can i keep it blank?

Yes, in the work experience section you have to answer 'NO'.

You have to include it in the personal history section. All activities in the past 10 yrs have to be included in this section so you have to include it here. But you don't need to upload any documents as you are not getting any points for it.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Thank you. So it has no harm if we change our details post ITA, if it doesnt affect total score.
Correct. But since the changes are being made after ITA it would be beneficial to write an loe and explain that you moved spouse's employment from work experience to personal history as you are not claiming any points for it.

Reactions: sumitgupta

sumitgupta

Jun 27, 2018
Correct. But since the changes are being made after ITA it would be beneficial to write an loe and explain that you moved spouse's employment from work experience to personal history as you are not claiming any points for it.
great..Thank you PR Purohit. That is really satisfactory. I will do as you suggested.

TatyanaK

Jan 26, 2018
Hello guys! Sorry in advance for repeating!) But i want to clarify about spouse's work experience one more time. I don't have an invitation to apply, but i'll get it soon. So regarding spouse's work experience: in EE i listed all husband's jobs NOT in Canada, and of course didn't get any points. As far as i understood from previous replies, document checklist requires proof of spouse's work experiance anyway. Why is that? If it isn't intend any points? What should i do after receiving ITA? Remove spouse's work experience in personal history, and IRCC won't ask for proof? Or i undestood you in a wrong way?