+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse work experience - question

ektasapra

Jul 22, 2015
Hi All,

I have a question reg spouse work ex. I had mentioned spouse work experience in EE - though I understand that it adds no points since he wasn't working in Canada.

Is is ok to now exclude from work history and only include in Personal History when filling aPR (post ITA). This will ensure no extra document to be uploaded in check-list. Please help.

Thanks!

Best,
Ekta

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the same question too. Also, will the same be applicable for my wife's education as well? Although she has a master's degree from India, we dint do an ECA and did not claim points for it either. So can we exclude that too while whiling the post ITA forms to avoid having to upload her degrees?

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
ektasapra said:
Hi All,

I have a question reg spouse work ex. I had mentioned spouse work experience in EE - though I understand that it adds no points since he wasn't working in Canada.

Is is ok to now exclude from work history and only include in Personal History when filling aPR (post ITA). This will ensure no extra document to be uploaded in check-list. Please help.

Thanks!

Best,
Ekta
Yes you can exculde your or your spouse's experience from EE profile if its not adding any points.

You cannot make any changes after getting an ITA.

ektasapra

Jul 22, 2015
I believe that education and work ex are different as there may be points for spouse education but there are none for work ex (when not in Canada) - if mentioned in LoE that the work ex is covered in personal history and no score was gained due to that - it should hopefully be fine.

And on the documents required list it everywhere says that docs to be submitted for spouse only when work ex is in Canada - therefore, I assumed that it wouldn't ask for spouse work ex doc. Now before submitting my eAPR I just want to be sure that the generated check list doesn't include that so am wondering if should exclude that from work history altogether in eAPR application.

Plz confirm.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ektasapra said:
I believe that education and work ex are different as there may be points for spouse education but there are none for work ex (when not in Canada) - if mentioned in LoE that the work ex is covered in personal history and no score was gained due to that - it should hopefully be fine.

And on the documents required list it everywhere says that docs to be submitted for spouse only when work ex is in Canada - therefore, I assumed that it wouldn't ask for spouse work ex doc. Now before submitting my eAPR I just want to be sure that the generated check list doesn't include that so am wondering if should exclude that from work history altogether in eAPR application.

Plz confirm.
If spouse's foreign experience is mentioned under Spouse Work History, it will generate placeholder(s) on the document upload page. Ideally, the system should not generate placeholder(s) for spouse's foreign experience as it does not give any points for the same, but CIC is yet to update their system to have such validations in place. However, if the work experience is mentioned under Personal History, it will not generate any placeholders for the same.

Sep 13, 2016
Hello guy , I am new in this form but checking it Daily .

Need some expert help. My wife she is Canada applied for oinp cec. She is working on open work permit . Recently she lost her job and searching for another job. My question is here oinp application is under process and received aor on 21/ July. If she has lost her job does she require to show balance in her account. As oinp requirement is need to leaving fund if don't have arranged employment.

Please help me .
Also does she require to find job in same Noc or any another NOC is ok

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Cecinland198715 said:
Hello guy , I am new in this form but checking it Daily .

Need some expert help. My wife she is Canada applied for oinp cec. She is working on open work permit . Recently she lost her job and searching for another job. My question is here oinp application is under process and received aor on 21/ July. If she has lost her job does she require to show balance in her account. As oinp requirement is need to leaving fund if don't have arranged employment.

Please help me .
Also does she require to find job in same Noc or any another NOC is ok

Thanks
Sorry for the loss of your wife's job. Please note that OINP must be notified if there are any changes to your personal information or circumstances as detailed on your Nominee Application Form. You must complete the Change of Personal Information Form. This form can be downloaded from the OINP website http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPFORMS.html. Completed forms should be submitted to OINP by mail, fax or email attachment. Additionally, you will have to update your Express Entry profile as well. You can email it to ontarionominee@ontario.ca and expressentry@ontario.ca

With regard to POF, unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. So in your case, yes, if your wife no longer has the job, then she will have the show POF and send the same to OINP as well along with above form.

It is not necessary to find a job in the same NOC. The best way out from POF is to get a job soon and then intimate OINP.

rajnsk

Feb 25, 2017
DOHA (QATAR)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashpur88 said:
I have the same question too. Also, will the same be applicable for my wife's education as well? Although she has a master's degree from India, we dint do an ECA and did not claim points for it either. So can we exclude that too while whiling the post ITA forms to avoid having to upload her degrees?
You need to get your wife's ECA done only if she intends to work in Canada. Else IELTS score is enough for her to land in Canada.

drmanikandan

Dec 9, 2016
If spouse's foreign experience is mentioned under Spouse Work History, it will generate placeholder(s) on the document upload page. Ideally, the system should not generate placeholder(s) for spouse's foreign experience as it does not give any points for the same, but CIC is yet to update their system to have such validations in place. However, if the work experience is mentioned under Personal History, it will not generate any placeholders for the same.
Sorry I have the same question, can we leave the spouse work experience empty and add it in the personal history section as I am not claiming any points for her non Canadian experience.