+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Work Experience not included while applying

nandu23

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hello All,

I got an invitation recently to apply for PR.
While creating a profile I didn't include my spouse's job experience as I had enough points. (BCPNP pick)
I did not claim points for his experience

Now when I fill the application I need to update last 10 years history of my husband.
Do I need to add his experience just in personal information as I dont see option to upload his documents in work history

Thanks

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hello All,

I got an invitation recently to apply for PR.
While creating a profile I didn't include my spouse's job experience as I had enough points. (BCPNP pick)
I did not claim points for his experience

Now when I fill the application I need to update last 10 years history of my husband.
Do I need to add his experience just in personal information as I dont see option to upload his documents in work history

Thanks
Yes. You need to mention what he did last 10 yrs in his personal history. This will include his work experience. However, no need to provide any docs if you have not declared in work history section.

Reactions: Sarah_123

nandu23

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Yes. You need to mention what he did last 10 yrs in his personal history. This will include his work experience. However, no need to provide any docs if you have not declared in work history section.
Hello,Thanks for the information.
I spoke to CIC customer service they told me that I must have added his work experience before applying PR and now this looks like misrepresentation of data.

Is this correct? Will there be any problem if I update in personal history without declaring work history?

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hello,Thanks for the information.
I spoke to CIC customer service they told me that I must have added his work experience before applying PR and now this looks like misrepresentation of data.

Is this correct? Will there be any problem if I update in personal history without declaring work history?
But you said you didn't. Don't you know what you filled? If you have provided that info in BCPNP, then you should ensure your PR application is filled with same info.