Nov 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Has anyone here had their visitor visa approved when the spouse is a permanent resident? Please advise.

Thanks!

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Has anyone here had their visitor visa approved when the spouse is a permanent resident? Please advise.

Thanks!
yes we had my wifes visitor visa approved, but im not a pr but citizen by birth. (that doesn't matter to apply though)
we got refused the first time when I wanted my wife to come back with me after marriage, but after my spouse sponsorship file was filed and I was approved as sponsor we were approved. Its tough though, because you have to prove a visitor will go back but the real intention is to live here long term as per the pr file.
Also helped she had previous travel to Canada where she left as per the rules.

Reactions: arav12345

arav12345

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks man!, what all documents did you submit for her to convince that she is going back?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Thanks man!, what all documents did you submit for her to convince that she is going back?
normal stuff like her job contract, leave from work, her assets etc.....but really as soon as she got her visitor she quit that job, so that's why its going to be hard to prove.

arav12345

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
I am on the same page, my wife works full time in India. We can arrange for her leave approval, bank deposits etc. But she doesnt have any assets on her name. What if she gets her Visa approved and they investigate here on landing, would that be a issue?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I am on the same page, my wife works full time in India. We can arrange for her leave approval, bank deposits etc. But she doesnt have any assets on her name. What if she gets her Visa approved and they investigate here on landing, would that be a issue?
If the documents are true when she applied and then she tells the truth if asked you should be ok, as circumstances can change. Do you already have your spousal outland file in place? Have you been approved as a sponsor? If so might as well try applying it wont hurt her pr file.

arav12345

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Actually, I am having her apply through EE, because the process would be faster. We are waiting on her ITA. I just though I should apply for her VV before doing the PR application.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Actually, I am having her apply through EE, because the process would be faster. We are waiting on her ITA. I just though I should apply for her VV before doing the PR application.
sorry what is your status in Canada? Not sure how long the process is for EE but for spousal outland ours was about 7 months from India

arav12345

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
I am a Permanent resident. And she has about 471 points. So I just thought having her apply via EE would be easier and less time consuming, CIC claims their Processing time for EE is 6 months but spousal is 1 year. So EE.

manikn10

Apr 23, 2015
I am a Permanent Resident. I would like to apply TRV for my wife. Concern is that my wife is not employed, but studying masters in India.
When i applied for PR, i maintained fund in FD for more than 6 months. So IRCC didn't ask any question how this fund came and approved PR for me. Likewise, as my wife is not employed and will be studying Masters, suppose if i put around 4000 CAD in her account now itself and apply TRV after 6-7 months for her, will IRCC ask how the fund came as she is not employed and though it is more than 6 months old? or Will it be ok for IRCC as fund is old and it is not recently added. I Plan to apply 2 weeks stay for her in Canada.