+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse visitor visa refused

xeurion

Mar 12, 2017
Hello,

My wife's visitor visa just got rejected from Pakistan and I would like some advice please.
I am currently working in Canada with a PR. We just got married in Pakistan in January 2017. Wife and I are both Pakistani nationals. Embassy gave following reasons:

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
[X] travel history

2. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

Should we reapply or another rejection could impact the PR sponsorship application that we just submitted last week?

Regarding #1, she just got her first passport and have never traveled internationally. How can I argue to that? if one does not get visas approved, how can you have a travel history.

Regarding #2, I showed CAD $25,000 in Canadian bank accounts as her sponsor. Not sure how this reasoning makes sense. She does not have a bank account, perhaps I should have shown her father's statements / assets back home?

Any advice would be very appreciated!

Thanks

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
You can sponsor her outland spousal sponsorship it's so much easier than the rejection

xeurion

Mar 12, 2017
carolbb23 said:
You can sponsor her outland spousal sponsorship it's so much easier than the rejection
Hello, yes we applied for outland PR sponsorship last week but it may take 8-12 months. We wanted a visa so she can visit me in Canada.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
xeurion said:
Hello,

My wife's visitor visa just got rejected from Pakistan and I would like some advice please.
I am currently working in Canada with a PR. We just got married in Pakistan in January 2017. Wife and I are both Pakistani nationals. Embassy gave following reasons:

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
[X] travel history

2. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

Should we reapply or another rejection could impact the PR sponsorship application that we just submitted last week?

Regarding #1, she just got her first passport and have never traveled internationally. How can I argue to that? if one does not get visas approved, how can you have a travel history.

Regarding #2, I showed CAD $25,000 in Canadian bank accounts as her sponsor. Not sure how this reasoning makes sense. She does not have a bank account, perhaps I should have shown her father's statements / assets back home?

Any advice would be very appreciated!

Thanks
She would benefit from a short trip to a country or region who has easier entry restrictions. Once she has proven that she would leave, you should be OK to reapply. You should supply a letter stating your employed and that you will be accepting responsibility for her financially.

xeurion

Mar 12, 2017
profiler said:
She would benefit from a short trip to a country or region who has easier entry restrictions. Once she has proven that she would leave, you should be OK to reapply. You should supply a letter stating your employed and that you will be accepting responsibility for her financially.
Hello. Thanks for the reply, that makes sense. I did attach my letter of employment and apartment lease documents.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
xeurion said:
Hello, yes we applied for outland PR sponsorship last week but it may take 8-12 months. We wanted a visa so she can visit me in Canada.

Listen to profiler he knows what he's talking about, maybe she goes visiting family in dubai or uk

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
xeurion said:
Hello. Thanks for the reply, that makes sense. I did attach my letter of employment and apartment lease documents.
The travel history is the biggest hurdle here. She needs proof that she has visited somewhere and left on time.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
The travel history is the biggest hurdle here. She needs proof that she has visited somewhere and left on time.

India is close by but India and Pakistan are not friendly but there China or dubai

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
India is close by but India and Pakistan are not friendly but there China or dubai
Pick somewhere with low or no requirements for entry. Once her visit is complete, reapply for a visitor visa. It will be tough, and she should show significant ties to Pakistan that will "bring her home" (land, bank accounts, family, job, etc). Also Google cic dual intent (this is basically what you're doing).

As to money, my wife and her mother were both approved quickly in Moscow, with only stating they had $500 CAD in the bank. I supplied a letter with earning statements and stated I would be responsible for their trip. That was the end of the discussion

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Pick somewhere with low or no requirements for entry. Once her visit is complete, reapply for a visitor visa. It will be tough, and she should show significant ties to Pakistan that will "bring her home" (land, bank accounts, family, job, etc). Also Google cic dual intent (this is basically what you're doing).

As to money, my wife and her mother were both approved quickly in Moscow, with only stating they had $500 CAR in the bank. I supplied a letter with earning statements and stated I would be responsible for their trip. That was the end of the discussion

He cannot appeal

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Appeal for a visitor visa? No.

Me bad I dunno tough one

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
Me bad I dunno tough one
It's ok. From here, and what was said, it appears as they know he is sponsoring, and she has no travel history. So, right away, they'd ask, "if the app is rejected, how do we know she'd go home? How can she support herself without drawing on the system or working illegally?"

If my guess is right, then proving with travel history and a sponsor who has earnings.

Only way to know is to gain travel history and reapply.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
It's ok. From here, and what was said, it appears as they know he is sponsoring, and she has no travel history. So, right away, they'd ask, "if the app is rejected, how do we know she'd go home? How can she support herself without drawing on the system or working illegally?"

If my guess is right, then proving with travel history and a sponsor who has earnings.

Only way to know is to gain travel history and reapply.

Her passport is brand new

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
Her passport is brand new
If it wasn't, then she would have some record of compliance (I am guessing it's not a previous record of non-compliance). So unless she was previously non-compliant with some other entry, it's probably brand new.