+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse visitor visa refused

harshharry

Dec 10, 2015
hi
I am a federal PR and a doctor back home from India. I applied TRV (visitor visa )for my wife as she was going to appear for her exam of Dental Board in Feb 2016 in Canada, the Chandigarh embassy refused her visa on following basis:
1. no strong ties (i m in canada, i think spouse is a strongest tie)
2. no valid purpose (we provided valid admission letter for exam)
3. no solid funds (i provided bank statement of my account in canada for approx 6000 CAD)

already her case is under processing for spouse visa. I wonder regarding their attitude that are they dumb enough who cant understand the purpose of visit, ties or what does fund mean?

Give me directions how should I proceed now onwards?

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You've entirely misunderstood the first refusal reason. You being her spouse is actually the weakest part of the application. The first refusal reason means that her ties to Canada (you and the PR application) are too strong and that she has insufficient ties to her home country. To be approved for a visitor visa, you must provide proof that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Given she has a PR application in progress and a husband who is Canadian, it doesn't take much for CIC to figure out that she is eventually interested in remaining in Canada long term and may not just intend to use her visitor visa to visit Canada (i.e. she may use it to try to move to Canada early).

The purpose of visit refusal reason means that CIC is concerned she plans to use the visitor visa to come to Canada and stay.

What proof did she provide to show her ties to her home country and what documents did she submit to support his? Proof of property ownership? Proof of employment? Proof of business ownership? Proof of school enrollment? Proof of bank accounts or other assets? Etc.

It's typically difficult to get a TRV approved when your spouse is Canadian and you have a PR application in progress since CIC knows you have plans on remaining in Canada long term. She can certainly reapply if she has strong proof of ties to her home country. Whether she will be approved is a different matter.

Azad2020

Star Member
Nov 27, 2015
Kathmandu,Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
CVAC Kathmandu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hope to visit soon
harshharry said:
hi
I am a federal PR and a doctor back home from India. I applied TRV (visitor visa )for my wife as she was going to appear for her exam of Dental Board in Feb 2016 in Canada, the Chandigarh embassy refused her visa on following basis:
3. no solid funds (i provided bank statement of my account in canada for approx 6000 CAD)

already her case is under processing for spouse visa. I wonder regarding their attitude that are they dumb enough who cant understand the purpose of visit, ties or what does fund mean?

Regards

The existing statistics is shown that those TRV Application (visitor) always refused by the Canadian Visa Office if their spouse already became Canadian PR or Citizen & already applied PR for their spouse as well.So it is better advise to keep patience prior approval your spouse PR.If you apply different different places along with mention strong supporting documents,the Canadian VO will refuse with mention different different reason.

Nabaaf

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO(INDIA)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd June 2015
AOR Received.
24th July 2015..........S.A.: 24th August 2015..........In process since: 28th August 2015
File Transfer...
31st August 2015 (AOR2)........Initial Med's Done: 20th April 2015 (upfront)
Med's Request
30th May 2016
Med's Done....
31st May 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9th June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2016(visa issued date as mentioned on passport affixed visa as 3rd June 2016)
LANDED..........
21st June 2016
harshharry said:
hi

Regards
Hi harshharry
Really sorry for ur rejected trv application.....
Ur wife's condition is more or less similar to my condition....i am also practising dentist in India and my spousal PR application is ongoing....my trv was also rejected back in early october.....bt i had not registered for AFK exam.....
Replies gvn by senior members to ur post r 100% true bt still u can reapply for trv n try again anytime..... Bt u should atleast give gap of 3 months before reapplying or if u hv failed to submit any proofs or if ur condition is changed then u can even apply immediately......
Regarding spousal PR application,when did u applied?
Best of luck .....
Regards

Cheers
Nabaaf :)

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
Nabaaf said:
Hi harshharry
Really sorry for ur rejected trv application.....
Ur wife's condition is more or less similar to my condition....i am also practising dentist in India and my spousal PR application is ongoing....my trv was also rejected back in early october.....bt i had not registered for AFK exam.....
Replies gvn by senior members to ur post r 100% true bt still u can reapply for trv n try again anytime..... Bt u should atleast give gap of 3 months before reapplying or if u hv failed to submit any proofs or if ur condition is changed then u can even apply immediately......
Regarding spousal PR application,when did u applied?
Best of luck .....
Regards

Cheers
Nabaaf :)
Hi Nabaaf even I am a dentist and my husband is also a practising dentist in Canada.
Good to hear about this. I cannot imagine my visa now as YOU were rejected. A person like you who is so well knowledgeable I cannot imagine that even you got rejected

Now I have lost hopes. But happy to hear that there is one more dentist couple like you who is going to be in Canada
Take care and God bless you

ananyaram

Star Member
May 29, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/02/2016
Doc's Request.
YES
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
no
iam also in same situation am pr holder working in canada recently married and applied spousal pr sponsership in process. visitor visa applied 2 time rejectd 2 times , 3rd time applied under can plus program this week i wil get update about 3rd trv result first 2 times my wife has nt usa visa this time she had usa visa

Labbadulc

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city / Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
(AOR-1) 23-12-2015 (AOR-2) 21/04/2016
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
17-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
how long did it take you to get a response for your refusal? and did they request your passport even though you were refused?

client2014

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Uk london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
october 2015
Interview........
january 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
insha Allah soon
what if partner get depression or mently sick because waiting of her/ his partner and sponsor s nt able to leave job ...

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
client2014 said:
what if partner get depression or mently sick because waiting of her/ his partner and sponsor s nt able to leave job ...
not sure what you mean given put yourself in the mind of an immigration officer.

Husband has PR gets married to someone from home country applies for visitor visa for new spouse but does not apply for spouse PR sponsorship or has PR application in process but not yet approved . Will the spouse return to home country once a visitor or not thats the question ? Most people are honest and will follow the rules but unfortunately a minority will try to do anything it takes to get into the country legal or not so the majority have to suffer the consequences with what may sometimes seem unfair scrutiny.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
ananyaram said:
iam also in same situation am pr holder working in canada recently married and applied spousal pr sponsership in process. visitor visa applied 2 time rejectd 2 times , 3rd time applied under can plus program this week i wil get update about 3rd trv result first 2 times my wife has nt usa visa this time she had usa visa
having a US visa wont make any difference as still does not guarantee returning to home country after a visit to Canada.

client2014

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Uk london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
october 2015
Interview........
january 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
insha Allah soon
immigration officer should understand the situation of others.if partner leave canada for mnth then job peopl l say bye also he is student and support me to.what we do in this situation.h is ill doc said him for treatment because of these issues i am in depression.anybody can give opinion

Vivek0

May 29, 2020
You've entirely misunderstood the first refusal reason. You being her spouse is actually the weakest part of the application. The first refusal reason means that her ties to Canada (you and the PR application) are too strong and that she has insufficient ties to her home country. To be approved for a visitor visa, you must provide proof that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Given she has a PR application in progress and a husband who is Canadian, it doesn't take much for CIC to figure out that she is eventually interested in remaining in Canada long term and may not just intend to use her visitor visa to visit Canada (i.e. she may use it to try to move to Canada early).

The purpose of visit refusal reason means that CIC is concerned she plans to use the visitor visa to come to Canada and stay.

What proof did she provide to show her ties to her home country and what documents did she submit to support his? Proof of property ownership? Proof of employment? Proof of business ownership? Proof of school enrollment? Proof of bank accounts or other assets? Etc.

It's typically difficult to get a TRV approved when your spouse is Canadian and you have a PR application in progress since CIC knows you have plans on remaining in Canada long term. She can certainly reapply if she has strong proof of ties to her home country. Whether she will be approved is a different matter.
Hi Scylla,

Regarding the point you're making in para 1 - "Given she has a PR application in progress and a husband who is Canadian, it doesn't take much for CIC to figure out that she is eventually interested in remaining in Canada long term and may not just intend to use her visitor visa to visit Canada "

Canadian immigration laws permit dual intent right? In such a case it is okay to have applications for Temporary residence and permanent residence at the same time, right?

You're also saying it is typically difficult to get a TRV approved if the spouse is a Citizen/PR but what are the chances if the spouse is a Temporary resident? Can the spouses of Temporary residents have their Visitor visa approved more easily compared to spouses of permanent residents/Citizens? (subject to meeting all other criteria for the issuance of a visitor visa)

I see there are many posts out here that just convey one main point: if you're a Citizen or a PR, then go for Sponsorship and not a TRV but I wonder what's suggested if the spouse living in Canada is just a TRV holder. (We should also note that in case spouses of Citizens / PRs it is Sponsorship - a permanent visa Vs TRV but it case of spouses of TRV holders, it is a going to be a temporary visa in all the cases - Visitor visa / OWP)

A TRV holder's ties to Canada is weak, so is his or her spouse's ties to Canada which is not the case for spouses of Citizens / PRs.

The International Student Services department of many universities across Canada state that there are two ways for International students to bring their spouse to Canada. Option 1: apply for a Visitor visa and once the spouse is in Canada, apply for a Work permit. Option 2: Apply for a Work permit from outside Canada.

There are reasons for not going for a OWP during this challenging times. One: the processing times are higher for an OWP. Two: OWPs need medical exams mandatorily and given that these medical exams are done only by hospitals in bigger cities which are in turn more affected by Covid-19, you risk yourself and your family by travelling to such hotspots.